Underwater Go Pro Halibut Footage.

Started by gstours, April 18, 2022, 03:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here,s something that might interest you if youve got a few minuits.   As ive always wondered what is going on down there when fishing on the bottom.    Fast forward to the last half of the clip and this is the vidieo clip near the end.   Thanks. :) 

jurelometer

I love these fish reaction videos!  Quite a bit to learn there.

But the most important lesson is not to video a stranger while they are eating.  They might not take kindly to the intrusion.

So, are you going to cast up a gopro jig? ;D

-J

Wompus Cat

Wonder if ya get em to Bite a go Pro with a Hook in it ?
Heck of a Video ,Thanks
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

handi2

We used 3 of them at one time. One underwater with a stabilizing fin. One on the Hardtop and one on a stick for boat side filming. I ended up selling them after a few months.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

gstours

Thanks,  I've only put a camera on a stick,  and always wanted to get some footage of the bottom habitat,  etc. seems like I don't want it bad enough.
  Anybody got some proven ideas about rigging for a bait rig?   Just wondering? :cf

rogan

Gary, Thanks for posting this video, it's great to see what the fish are doing (or not doing) with our offerings of bait and lures. Captain Zac does a pretty good job with his filming. I have never sent a camera out on the end of my line, so I'm no help in that regard. Rich

handi2

A picture of my boat with grandson at the helm.

You can see one of the GoPro cameras on the T-Top for in the boat viewing

Keith

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Ron Jones

What triggered the strike is what i learn from. Really should teach us something about technique.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

gstours

i agree, yet disagree respectfully,   >:D     Many a good fish has been hooked when you back is turned!
  While skill is what we strive for, sometimes its just luck.   
i do enjoy watching whats going onn down there.  Maybe I can get some footage of someting interesting this year if I can?    :al     Learning is good for fishing.