Hard Time Halibut

Started by gstours, May 15, 2022, 02:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here,s a raw clip from last year.  I was fishing on my friend Kens boat late last fall..  We tried several spots that were fairly close  to each other on the anchor for a while.  All smalls, but saw lots of whales and sea birds.   After a while we moved twords home a couple of hundred yards to another slope.
  It was on the first drop of the Jurelometer Jig the big girl was waiting on the bottom.  The thing swinging around above the jig is a teaser, salmon spoon a hootchy vest.   
  This clip is kinda long butt it is what it is.   Fast forward the red bar as desired.   Overall it was the last fish i would take of last year.  The spiral wrap rod seemed to work just fine.  I do think these are the way to go and would make another when time permits.  My friend Ken mildly disagrees on the principal or need,  butt thats ok.
  Later in this day he hooked another halibut on a Kodiak jig that may have been even larger,  as we had a hard time releasing it.  Its on another camera and footage was spotty but memorable.   Must splice and share it with maybe a redo of this clip?    Anyway I wish you were there to help. :fish

Wompus Cat

Another FANtASTIC Vid!
Gonna have to rest now. Just watching your videos tires me out ........lol :fish
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

David Hall

What a battle those big butts are talk about getting your exercise in that will do it nicely. always fun to watch really gets my blood up, almost like being there.   :al
bucket list fish for this lower 48 boy.  Thanks for sharing, now I gotta go and switch my battery charger over to the last battery so the Long Hall will be ready for the next run.
 :d