Main Menu

New here

Started by old_rookie, May 20, 2022, 09:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old_rookie

I go by old_rookie because I started fishing when I was 'old' and so being new I was a rookie - but that was a few years ago, so I'm older but still a rookie.

Was trying to fix a reel and someone from SDFish suggested I come here to get some help.

I got the reel working, but had to destroy a screw (salt) to get the handle off.

So now in search of a new screw and handle??

Wompus Cat

Welcome old Rookie . A lot of us here fir that Description.
Tell us what kinda Reel you got or better yet post some pix. If you have trouble posting pix and many do let me know and I will walk you through it by personal messaging .
Bet someone has the parts and advice you need .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

foakes

Welcome aboard!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Welcome.  What kind of reel?  We need more info.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Brewcrafter

Welcome!  No matter what reel, there will be many folks here that can help. - john

Keta

Hi, I started fishing at 3, 70 now.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

happyhooker

Greetings, Rook, from Minnesota.

Frank

Donnyboat

Welcome mr old rookie, as the others have asked, more info & pictures would help very much, lots of good people here only to happy to help you, they have helped me know end, cheers from sunny Western Australia, cheer Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

sabaman1

Welcome!

From Jim in north San diego.
JIM

Bill B

Good to have you here.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

welcome!  which reel?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Benni3

Welcome from Salem va,,,,, ;D