Getting Spooled!

Started by Brewcrafter, May 23, 2022, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter

Anyone that was on the last Morro Bay trip may remember a couple of my fishing buddies that were on that, Rudy and Jim.  Rudy ran across a bunch of parts, doesn't spend much time on the forum but he ran across a collection of stuff and wanted me to offer it to the forum.  All Jiggy Spools -

There are plenty of 29M-140 spools.  One has a very small depression as if it had been dropped, probably easy to massage out or maybe not even make a difference.

There are also plenty of 29-140 plastic spools that have no Penn tagging on them.  There are Newell boxes here, but I have NO idea if these are actually Newell spools.

There is also a 29-140 plastic that is clearly stamped "Penn Lightweight Spool"

There is also 1 29-145 plastic spool.

Disclaimer listen, Rudy gave these to me to pass along to the Ohana.  Many of these have etchings in them for line# from the previous owner.  None of these are museum pieces; these are "users".  A few of them look totally unused, but I have no way of knowing.
Many of them have line on them.  I have NO idea what is under the line, some of them have some salt buildup, others look pretty good.

I am happy to send these out via USPS Flat rate for reimbursement.  If you are in SoCal, note that I live in the Riverside area, work in Huntington Beach, and regularly get to West Covina, so I am more than happy as my schedule allows to try to meet up and hand these off. 

Let me know! - john29M-140 Spools.jpg

vilters

actually those are "squidly" spools - the 29-14X means they are for a squidder.

Brewcrafter

You are correct!!!!!  I just realized that because in the box it was a mishmash of different stuff.  Yes - These are all SQUIDDER spools.  I will get the the Jiggy stuff once I have this cleared off the bench top! - john

Bill B

John, do you need (yeah like we ever NEED) a Squidder of Jigmaster?  Let me know and I can drop 1 or 2 off when I come down.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Brewcrafter

Thanks Bill!!!!   I sorted the Jiggy parts last night and in addition to the 500 and 500S, have 2 extra chrome spools (one mildly drop dented but easily repairable) and one extra black aluminum.  I am toying with giving you all the Squidder spools for the SOA trip and you can donate them to some marooned fisherman at the Coronado's  :D