Fun Day Testing Lures

Started by Hardy Boy, May 23, 2022, 10:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.    Weather and tides seem to be an adversary to recon with.   You made it work,  I,m jealous.    :d .   Yea for Dave's micro jig. :d

Hardy Boy

Got four springs. Only one picture worthy at 24 lbs rest were small 8 to 10 lbs
Todd

Hardy Boy

That was a dif trip a few days ago.

Todd
Todd

Maxed Out

Nice springers Todd. Good to see you getting salmon action. Another month till it opens here
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Hardy Boy

Well a few drops with Dave's swim bait on his Octo head resulted in a nice 26 lb ling. Dave was right the 9 inch is a good size for lings. The gaff handle in the photo is 24 inches for an idea of scale. Used the baby avet and light travalle.

Cheers

Todd
Todd

jurelometer

Biggest ling yet on those swimbaits!  If we ever start making Pro-Staff swag, you and Gary are at the top of the list.  But for now, just a sincere thank you...

-J

Gfish

Quote from: jurelometer on May 25, 2022, 04:26:12 AM
Quote from: handi2 on May 24, 2022, 10:44:21 PM
Quote from: jurelometer on May 24, 2022, 06:20:23 PMNice!

Gonna have to move you up to official pro staff status here at Jurelometer Jigs ;D Feedback is always appreciated.  Never had a chance to try  the 9 on lingcod.

Looks like a pretty nice start to the season.  I am jealous!

-J

What happened to your long winded posts?

Sigh...

-J

Great movie. F. Murray Abraham, great actor, always seems to play the "bad guy", though.
I think I get it. Amadeus Mozart was a genius and you gotta really listen and catch all his subtle notes and tempo changes to fully appreciate him. Kinda like good Jazz vs commercial easy listening feel good stuff, that's churned-out mainly for profit. Attention to quality-detail is too much work for some, be they Royals
Aristocrats or commoners.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gobi King

Fishes love Juro lures!
lol, good fishing, super jealous
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

gstours

Maybe just bumper stickers Juro For President.... :d

Hardy Boy

Swim baits did it again for me. Even had a ling chase and break the surface.
Todd

Crab Pot

What?!

A Top Water Ling!

Those are some HUGE Verms/Reds.

What is the limit on Lings up there?

Looks like you mixed in some Halibut too, on the same swim bait?

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

jurelometer

Nice!

Here is what they look like:

And the Cedros Yellowtail eat them pretty well too!

Now I just have to finish the new and improved jig head for these guys so Todd quits sticking them on Octopus jigs :)

Any day month now.

-J

Hardy Boy

Quote from: Crab Pot on September 23, 2022, 02:56:02 AMWhat?!

A Top Water Ling!

Those are some HUGE Verms/Reds.

What is the limit on Lings up there?

Looks like you mixed in some Halibut too, on the same swim bait?

Lings are 3 per day possession limit of 6. We stayed overnight and were hoping for a last gasp at tuna. Poor wether drove us off of the tuna grounds so bottom fish was plan B. We only jigged for a few hours. Had to move a bit but we found some.

I have not caught a halibut on the swim bait yet . For Hailbut I use the "octo jig" tiped with a small piece of fish belly.

Some of the "reds" were of the large grade for sure.

Cheers:

Todd

Todd

Gfish

A couple of fish pictures suitable for framing in posts 24 & 26.  Back in the day, you'ed see those fish in 24 hanging on a stick, but I like that version better.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!