Ocean City 112 clicker needed

Started by Lunker Larry, June 05, 2022, 06:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Have a 112 on the work bench and it needs a clicker. Being in the middle of Canada I have no idea where to get the part and also cannot find a schematic. Clicker must have been used over the years to slow the line being let out.
Also, how does it come apart?
Appreciate your time and help.
Larry L
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Gfish

Good question. been in a few OC's over the years, but can't remember. Older Penn's godda be ground-off and and a new one either peened-on or installed with a circlip. Can check a little 979 that I have, guessing it's too small, though.

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oldmanjoe

They are peen on .   It may be easier to get a tail plate replacement ..
  I think Dominic may have some spare parts ...
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

oc1

You can't get there from here.  New old stock is probably nonexistant.  Old ones can't be reused without a spot of weld to build up and then grind down the pawl and post before reinstalling.

Lunker Larry

Thanks all. Too bad. Pretty much new condition.
It's a reel his dad had and he just wanted to get it cleaned up. Don't think he had intentions of using it. Just a Good keepsake now.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

Donnyboat

Hi Mr Lunker, the is a product made in the USA, Rapid Fix, dual adhesivo system, it actually weds the two parts together, just place a little powder were required, then add the liquid, & it instantle welds the two parts with very little heat, so as long as you have the shaft, make u tongue, & presto, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Lunker Larry

Quote from: Donnyboat on June 07, 2022, 03:04:32 AMHi Mr Lunker, the is a product made in the USA, Rapid Fix, dual adhesivo system, it actually weds the two parts together, just place a little powder were required, then add the liquid, & it instantle welds the two parts with very little heat, so as long as you have the shaft, make u tongue, & presto, good luck, cheers Don.
I'll look that up and thanks.

The reel has Made in Phila USA on the plate and a "B" on the bottom of the foot. Out of curiosity, what year would this reel be around.

Ocean City 112 side.jpgOcean City 112.jpg 

foakes

Got a lot of New Old Stock Ocean City parts, Larry —-

Mostly internals.

But as stated previously, the clicker is riveted in place on the tail plate.

Here is a OC 112 that I could either send you the tail plate off of —- or the entire reel, your choice.

No Charge.

The reel operates perfectly and smoothly —- missing a crank.

Clicker is good and strong.

Will be heading down to Fresno today —- so if you let me know fairly soon —- it will ship today.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Lunker Larry

Hope I caught you in time. Just the side plate would be great and very much appreciated.
Your assistance and generosity is very much appreciated.
I'll PM my address as soon as I figure out how.
Regards,
Larry L

foakes

Quote from: Lunker Larry on June 07, 2022, 07:10:51 PMHope I caught you in time. Just the side plate would be great and very much appreciated.
Your assistance and generosity is very much appreciated.
I'll PM my address as soon as I figure out how.
Regards,
Larry L

Thanks, Larry —-

Got your address —-

Will mail today.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Lunker Larry

I am sorry Fred but I have been delinquent in expressing my thanks for sending me the side plate. It seemed like every time I was away from my computer I would remember and then forget when I got home. A poor excuse but it's been a busy summer so far.
I am just one of the legion of people on this site that you have assisted through your kindness, generosity and knowledge. I am grateful and hope to someday have the opportunity to repay in kind.
Larry L

foakes

Great, Larry —-

Hope it fit OK and you are happy with it.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Dominick

Just reading this thread today.  I have some spare parts for OCs.  PM me if anyone needs a part.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.