Garcia Mitchell 600 Series

Started by old 1946, June 10, 2022, 05:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old 1946

Hello All
 First photo-Garcia Mitchell 624 and 622 both reels are as new in the orginal box with all accessories ie
rod clamp,wrench,and tube of Mitchell reel lube.
Side note Garcia Mitchell stamped numbers on the outer ring of the left side plate and also placed a small
label on the box with the same number meaning the reel that came in the box are a exact match.

Second photo-Garcia Mitchell 600 has new in the box with all accessiores and matching numbers to the box.
Also pictured is a Mitchell(non Garcia)600AP CAPTAINDSCF0001(2).JPGDSCF0002(1).JPG   by the Browning Co.all accessories including the receipt date of purchase 1985 for $37.19.These Browning Mitchells are not stamped with any numbers nor was the box.
Side note When Garcia left Mitchell Mitchell decided to name the reel CAPTAIN.

Believe none of what you hear
half of what you read
and all of what you see.

handi2

No cracks?

Thanks for showing. The look nice.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

oc1

Quote from: handi2 on June 11, 2022, 02:19:45 AMNo cracks?

Somebody once told me the sideplates blow out because the spool tension  knob has to be cranked down hard to cast them.  But, some that look like they were scarcely used are cracked too.

Cor

Quote from: oc1 on June 11, 2022, 05:59:34 AM

Somebody once told me the sideplates blow out because the spool tension  knob has to be cranked down hard to cast them.  But, some that look like they were scarcely used are cracked too.
My very first reel was a Michell with white side plates.  I was very proud of that reel but it never worked well.  I could not cast it more then 30 mt and it's retrieve rate was too slow.
Now I know why :-[
Your reels look great!
Cornelis

old 1946

Thanks for showing. The look nice.

Keith
Very minute crack (1) in all 4 reels.The side plates will crack over time just setting in the box not being used.
Believe none of what you hear
half of what you read
and all of what you see.