Main Menu

Hi

Started by icantdo55, June 18, 2022, 05:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icantdo55

New guy here.  I'm going to try and rebuild some of my grandfathers penn reels from the 60s and I was pointed to you all for the knowledge.  I have a penn senator 4/0 60's I believe (green handle) going to need rebuilt. 

Thanks
Mike
Virginia Beach
-Mike

Wompus Cat

Welcome .
You are definitely in the Right Place .
Lots of Pennheads here
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

alantani

welcome.  not sure, but there are 113's, 113h's and long beach 60's.  let us know what you've got!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

icantdo55

Ok, what is it?
Thanks!
-Mike

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Midway Tommy

Quote from: icantdo55 on June 18, 2022, 06:39:38 PMOk, what is it?
Thanks!

Penn Senator 4/0. That's embossed on the face plate.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

alantani

looks like a 113!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Benni3

Welcome from Salem va,,,,, ;D

Gfish

Hi from Hi. A 113-4/0. Could be older. A great trolling winch.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Donnyboat

Hi Mike, do you intend beach fishing or boat fishing, do you have any other reels, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

jigmaster501

Clean, grease and lube properly. Replace the drag washers with a 5 stack squidder set or get a set from Bryan or Lee.

The stainless Long Beach 67 spool is pretty cheap to replace the old heavy brass spool.

You can get a tiburon frame, accurate frame, newell bars and a base, or a graphite penn base with the top bar.

You can even get the old Newell yellowtail special bars and base with a stainless Long Beach 66 spool for a smaller reel.

A great reel with lots of potential. Slow speed to not kill you with a bigger fish.

Eugene

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Breadfan

thorhammer

Welcome! I'd wager that 113 and LB's caught more headboat fish on the East Coast than everything else combined. For sure in NC.

John

happyhooker

Greetings "55", from Minnesota.

Frank