Fishing Vintage Penn Reels Video

Started by mo65, July 16, 2022, 12:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

My brother made this video of Rob and him fishing some Penn reels I gave them. Great feeshin' boys! :fish

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Wompus Cat

Thanks Mo for posting this.
It is a Fine Tribute to your Skills and Generosity .
Shows what old Quality Tackle can STILL Do .
Dang FAT Kitties Tooo.
Love the music.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Reeltyme

Great video! Thanks for posting Mo. I really enjoyed the background as well as the fishing. Living in Florida, but I do miss the country, creeks, and mountains. Not the cold though! I fish dinosaur reels and rods all the time. Darn things won't stop working!

Bill B

Cool video and great fish.  Boy I do miss fishing the river.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

fun video!  i never did hear a weight on that first fish.  it was a blue catfish, correct?  as kids, dad always told us that the whiskers would sting.  i think he was just messin' with us....   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gfish

Whoa! Brudda a' brudda Mo, catch feesh like dat, stay Mauka(inland/mountains), no needa go makai(ocean).
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

mo65

Quote from: alantani on July 18, 2022, 12:12:26 AMfun video!  i never did hear a weight on that first fish.  it was a blue catfish, correct?  as kids, dad always told us that the whiskers would sting.  i think he was just messin' with us....  ;D

Just eyeballing it...that's a 15-20 pounder. And yes, it's a Blue Catfish. Your Dad was on the right track Alan, but it's not the whiskers that sting, it's the fins. Usually only the tiny ones that can sting you, most of the larger cats break those stingers off with age. The stingers are barbed...and it does hurt...worse than a bee sting.
  Thanks everyone for the compliments.  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Shellbelly

Great stuff!!  Some of the wildest times I've had were tugging cats and carp.  We fished a stretch of the Colorado River below Austin that produced plenty,  I wish GoPros would've been around back then.

Keep workin' those Mules!!
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

alantani

Quote from: mo65 on July 18, 2022, 10:15:04 AMJust eyeballing it...that's a 15-20 pounder. And yes, it's a Blue Catfish. Your Dad was on the right track Alan, but it's not the whiskers that sting, it's the fins. Usually only the tiny ones that can sting you, most of the larger cats break those stingers off with age. The stingers are barbed...and it does hurt...worse than a bee sting.
  Thanks everyone for the compliments.  8)

nah, dad specifically said that it was the whiskers that stung.  used to scare the hell out of me!!!! ;D  ;D  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

milne

Awesome Video, thanks for sharing.
Looks like it was a great day on the water...

Col

Riy2018

Mr.Jerry,
Fishinv with vintage reels.

Gfish

Fun! The bridge must a kinda nursery grounds for juveniles.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!