lost my brother

Started by anglingarchitect, July 22, 2022, 04:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglingarchitect

Lost my brother last week the luckies fisherman I ever knew. He was 67 5 years younger than me. When we were kids I tool him with me pretty much everywhere. I was serious about fishing and didn't like taking him as I got older and more skilled and he always caught fish while not even trying.  I was 16 and even though I had logged many hrs fishing by this time the biggest bass I had ever caught was only 4 lbs.  So I went to this little lake my aunt told me about in Taylor county, and my mom made me take Michael with me over my protest. It was beautiful and we were the only souls on the picturesce lake. So I'm casting the shore line around all the flooded timber, logs, coves and points.I cast out a floating lure for him but he is happily playing with cars in the c bottom of the boat. After an hour or so couple of strikes and 2 small bass were released. I hear a huge splash and turn to see Micheals lure in the mouth of a good fish, he says what was that? That was your lure getting eaten, he then picks up his rod and reels in a bigger bass than i had ever caught 6 lbs 12 ounce black beauty from the dark water.

That was my brother and I miss him.

quabbin boy 62

sorry for your loss. I lost one of my brothers in 2000, it doesn't hurt like it did then, but there's still a hole in me. just try to cherish the memories, after awhile they help.   chuck

steelfish

sorry for your loss amigo.  :(
The Baja Guy

oldmanjoe

Sorry to hear of your loss , I can certainly relate to the five year younger lucky fisherman brother !
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Bill B

I'm sorry you lost your brother and fishing buddy.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Gfish

X2. This one is timely/significant for me. He's still here, but lately I've been pissed at him for not being responsible and getting vaccinated+boosted. I got Covid 3-day's after he brought it home. Too easy to judge on my part and it makes me forget all the good stuff and forget all my past mistreatment as kids, of him. He's out there right now doing the job I hate worse than anything—mowing the grass.
Thanks for posting this and time will lessen the impact. Sorry for your loss...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

happyhooker

That's a tough loss; my condolences.  I lost my only brother a few years back; we were not close in most of our adult years, but three other deaths in our family (sister, mother and father) coupled with a sister-in-law that encouraged us to make a relationship helped us to be closer the last few years of his life.  Battled cardiac issues for years, and finally wore him out.

Frank

Crow

Sorry for your loss, but your memories will keep him fishing with you, forever !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

foakes

Deepest condolences...

Best, Fred & Sue
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Swami805

So sorry for loss, he's still with you in your memories
Do what you can with that you have where you are

broadway

Very sorry to hear of your brother's passing, but happy to see you have fond memories of your pal.
Best to you and your family,
Dom

alantani

heartbreaking......   :'(
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Hardy Boy

So sorry to hear. Take care.

Todd
Todd

Wompus Cat

Sorry for your loss .
He is probably up there right now Baiting out A Fishing Hole for Big Brother to get EVEN one Day .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

CI_Seawolf

So sorry to hear of your loss.  I have been fishing all year and dedicating my fortune to a friend lost in 2016.   I hadn't known of his passing until this year.  Hopefully our lost ones will hold a spot on the rail for us on the big long ranger up there!
Stay Classy!