A rod for my LT100, not blue

Started by JasonGotaProblem, July 25, 2022, 01:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

When I bought my LT100 I bought a penn mariner II rod for it. Well that was one of my last stock rods. And I got tired of it being stock so I stripped it and redid it. I kept the lower grip and gimbal butt but replaced the reel seat and foregrip, and went to fuji MN guides. In doing the red marbling i figured what the heck and did a bit more further up the rod.

One of these days i need to get out on a charter, I got all these rods to test out.

Short video
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

boon

Just my 2c but seems like a very aggressive reduction between the first and second guide? Nice work on the build in general, though.

JasonGotaProblem

Yeah I'm still a bit iffy there but everything larger felt redundant and I'm not gonna do much casting with it, I was thinking more about distributing load. But I'm no expert in this type of build. Or any, really.

JasonGotaProblem

This one was a lot of fun. Also to be clear this was the one that almost cost me an eye

boon

The marbling came out great, well done.

steelfish

looks good, may I ask, why did you changed the reelseat and foregrip?
The Baja Guy

JasonGotaProblem

The way i plan to use this thing, I wanna know firsthand that the reel seat is securely attached. I didnt wanna put all the effort into it if I gotta tear it down again if the reel seat fails. And given what I found below, it was time well spent. And IMO fuji vs the chinese crap with a penn sticker, i wanted fuji. And also the lock nut.