Carbon Drag Sheet

Started by Jaz44, July 27, 2022, 11:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaz44

Hello. I am chasing a supplier for pure carbon fishing reel drag sheet and I'm wanting any recommendations other than Smooth Drag. I have had no issues with Smooth Drag, but am wanting to order larger sheets to cut costs. I am happy to have them shipped in from overseas if need be. Thanks

Donnyboat

If you look on the bay sight, there is a few, most of them sell sheets 8x4 so they can fit into a 8x4 envelope, you can generally get about 5 sheets in the one envelope, that saves on postage, they generally sell sheets thicknesses of .50 mm .70mm & 1mm, there is someone also selling cutters, with a pin on the end, & you slide the cutter to the size you require, naturally you cut the out side dymention first, then the centre, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

happyhooker

Greetings, Jaz, from Minnesota.  Hope to hear more from you on drag fabrication and other topics.

Frank

Jaz44

Quote from: happyhooker on July 28, 2022, 01:24:20 AMGreetings, Jaz, from Minnesota.  Hope to hear more from you on drag fabrication and other topics.

Frank

Hi Frank. I hope to give a bit of insight on a few drag topics in the upcoming future. This forum is a wealth of information for the reel enthusiast.

Jaz44

Quote from: Donnyboat on July 28, 2022, 01:01:50 AMIf you look on the bay sight, there is a few, most of them sell sheets 8x4 so they can fit into a 8x4 envelope, you can generally get about 5 sheets in the one envelope, that saves on postage, they generally sell sheets thicknesses of .50 mm .70mm & 1mm, there is someone also selling cutters, with a pin on the end, & you slide the cutter to the size you require, naturally you cut the out side dymention first, then the centre, good luck, cheers Don.

Hi Don. Do you have a link for this company?

Donnyboat

Hi Jaz, leave it with me I will get back to you soon, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oldmanjoe

Are you trying to service a bunch of different reels or you pretty much using two or three sizes ?

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
" Life " It`s a thinking man`s game
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Jaz44

Quote from: oldmanjoe on July 28, 2022, 01:45:51 PMAre you trying to service a bunch of different reels or you pretty much using two or three sizes ?

I'm trying to find more specific sizes such as 0.75mm and 1.3mm (or something close) and buy larger sizes as well of 1mm and 0.5mm. I service a fair few reels.

Donnyboat

Hi Mr Jaz, try, the Drag man 12 Goulburn CCT Caroline springs, Vic 3023, Australia, also for cutting washers, Compass Cutter, you can find them on Allibaba.there quite good.
     you can also use a compass scribe, leave one end round for pivoting, and the other you sharpen like a chissel, for cutting.
     I find if you use a thin peice of wood, 1/2 inch thick & 3 inches wide, you can clamp it in the vice, then use some multi grips to hold the carbon fibre sheet firm, as your cutting.
     you should be able to find a Utube on it, there is also other posts on this forum about it, someone else may be able to tell you what section to find them in, good luck cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Jaz44

Quote from: Donnyboat on July 29, 2022, 01:17:58 AMHi Mr Jaz, try, the Drag man 12 Goulburn CCT Caroline springs, Vic 3023, Australia, also for cutting washers, Compass Cutter, you can find them on Allibaba.there quite good.
     you can also use a compass scribe, leave one end round for pivoting, and the other you sharpen like a chissel, for cutting.
     I find if you use a thin peice of wood, 1/2 inch thick & 3 inches wide, you can clamp it in the vice, then use some multi grips to hold the carbon fibre sheet firm, as your cutting.
     you should be able to find a Utube on it, there is also other posts on this forum about it, someone else may be able to tell you what section to find them in, good luck cheers Don.

Thanks Don.