Little reel display Finished

Started by Shellbelly, August 05, 2022, 09:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Showed it to the wife and she loves the display.  Me too!  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shellbelly

If driftwood is preferred for inside use, I strongly suggest pressure washing, then let it dry in the sun.  There's a thin layer of stuff on it from being in the water.  The pressure may also carve out the soft wood between the grain and add texture.  You can stain it, but it usually comes out pretty dark.

If you get it from the beach, keep in mind that it is salty inside. Metal hardware that penetrates the wood will eventually experience some corrosion.

If you're crafty, it's fun to work with and usually plentiful...just gotta spend some time at the beach and use your imagination.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Shellbelly

Here's the "B" side of the larger one.  The texture comes from being burned, then washed out to sea, then it found me.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Paul Roberts

Quote from: Reeltyme on August 05, 2022, 11:11:27 PMLooks like an original old reel display box to me! 😁
;D

I like cool boxes too. I justify them to my wife by calling them "a useful sort of box to put things in", after Winnie the Pooh. :) That one does make a nice display box. Nice find.