Hello Friends.

Started by BlueIsland, August 12, 2022, 01:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueIsland

Hello my friends.

About 12 years ago I joined this forum under another username I cannot even remember!    I had just purchased four TLD 25s... And was ready to get the most out of them.  I found Alan's tutorials really great.   I rebuilt all four step by step and greased drags.    Slayed plenty of fish, one thing led to another sold the boat,  sold the reels.

Life took me in a different direction and although I fished from time to time with friends, I was not as hardcore as I was in my younger years.   However now with the addition of a beautiful child who is now 8 years old, I find myself ready to start taking him fishing on a regular basis.   

I wanted to rejoin this forum because I feel the information here is priceless.  Many people don't understand how quality information can make fishing so much more enjoyable when you understand certain tricks and things to make your life easier. 

So ultimately I just wanted to say hello again and although it is for the second time.... it's kinda the first time in a long time!

I have yet to purchase the reels I'm going to invest in.   And I'm going to shoot some questions in one of the other forums on this site.   I'm here in South Florida and my next post will probably be in the general questions forum as I'd like to get some feedback from some of you long time pros in rebuilding reels.  Thanks and look forward to chat!

Crow

Welcome, and Hello...again !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Shellbelly

Hi!  I look forward to some pics of that young man with a big fish grin.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Wompus Cat

Ditto on the Welcome 2 Timer ....... ;D
From Deep in the Heart Of Texas.

GOBS of options on Reels for that 8 year old as well as yourself.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

BlueIsland

Thank you guys I appreciate it really do.  So I guess I'll post over in the general forum.   Stand by.

nelz

Welcome back, glad to see a fellow SE'r for a change.  8)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

Good to have you back.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tom H

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

happyhooker

Greetings from Minnesota, and welcome back,.

Frank