Have you use these devices while fishing

Started by oldmanjoe, August 19, 2022, 05:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

I found this video  and seen 3 different things that i have not seen here in the states .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB2iwpwaKmk&list=RDCMUCA3jb-vm-rwkh6S7i8T7Iyw&index=18
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

oldmanjoe

That was one of them !!  There was 2 others that were unique .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Gfish

The krill (downrigger?)release dealie. What else?
What does the ring do?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Swami805

Could have turn the clicker off, that's annoying. That chum bucket thingy, I have something similar on a sabiki, works good when bait making is scratchy
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oldmanjoe

:D   This is a test , what do you see ?    :fish

Swami805

One of these but bigger
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Squidh90

Quote from: Gfish on August 19, 2022, 01:33:56 PMThe krill (downrigger?)release dealie. What else?
What does the ring do?
I heard on another Japanese video the ring slides around the fishes head and makes it more difficult for it to breath. Seems like they have a very interesting way of fighting those fish over there.

oldmanjoe

The gill ring is interesting , you guess how big the fish is so you can slide the appropriate size ring down the line .     Yes the idea is to keep the fish from breathing or limit it`s ability for a long fight .

The chum container is pretty cool looks like it has a trap door that open and closes while jigging to let out a flow of chum .

There is two more things that are different .

Dominick

They were speaking Japanese and misspelling the English.  What do I win?  ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oldmanjoe

I`m so sorry ,You did n`t win anything , you earned a   c -    This was a test ,not a contest

You do get a da boy for observing the misspelling ,but the test was for devices.

Dominick

All kidding aside I was interested in the shark repellant.  It looked like a yellow line with a carabiner to run it down the line. Why would that scare a shark?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oldmanjoe

That is 1 of the devices also .   It looks like a electronic device with antenna that may repel sharks .

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Dominick on August 20, 2022, 02:02:47 AMThey were speaking Japanese and misspelling the English.  Wh
at do I win?  ;D  Dominick

There Engrish rooked plitty good to me with ownry few Misperrings and the had Rots of Ruck Flishing.
The Late Tim Conway and Harvey Korman use to Crack me up with their Dialects

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him