Penn International Servicing

Started by rebait1, August 24, 2022, 12:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebait1

My reels are all working great. But my newer ones have never been serviced and the 50T's have put on a few years since last back to Penn.

I got new HT drags and upgraded handles(a fantastic upgrade).....And have always used Penn on Hunting Park for Penn Reel service.

1.....Will Penn accept drop offs still or should I just bite the UPS bullet and ship them?

two 50T

one 50VISW

two 50VSW

Shipping 5 would add up compared to me just dropping them on way down to the shore.

Also I'm pushing one of my partners to get his all 50 wides serviced I think they are 50TWs ...the are second generation two speeds. I've always been amazed they held up so well and their handles haven't bent. He has 6 to 10 0f these. So you can see shipping both ways might add up

2....Is there a fixed service cost or is it that plus whatever else might be needed?

3...Do they still have available upgraded handles?
Paws, and enjoy Life !

Squidder Bidder

rebait1:

IIRC Fisherman's Headquarters in Surf City is a factory authorized repair/service shop for Penn Reels.

Penn

Rebait, Sorry but we no longer accept drop offs.  Cost is $50 + parts for Internationals.  We have the larger rubber knobs from the V series that will fit the 50's.  Below link will have the pricing breakdown. 

https://www.pennfishing.com/pages/repairs-service

tony

rebait1

Ok great will do. I will send them in two or three boxes. Greatly appreciate the response. My friend appreciated the cost schedule and he has 8 that he's to send it in Nov as well.
Paws, and enjoy Life !

Irishdevil0311

How does someone become a Penn authorized repairman?