Hook, Line, and Sinker

Started by Shellbelly, August 31, 2022, 04:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbelly

When I want to know something about terminal tackle, I go here first.  I consider it a desk reference right up there with a dictionary.  It doesn't have the 21st century "knot of the day" but it explains what works and has worked for a very long time. 

The endorsements are pretty impressive.

Yep, it's a book...with pages and all that.  Takes both hands to use it.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Brewcrafter

Oooooh!   Ink on paper!!!!!   I like that!!!  Thanks for sharing!  What's the print date?  (Ok, my previous life...) - john

Wompus Cat

Interesting . Does it have Centerfolds to get that much Bravado from Esteemed Anglers of the past . ?
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Shellbelly

Nope, that would've changed the kind of store that sold the book. 

I did learn how to do the Bimini Twist, though.  Almost ruined my ankle. 8)
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)

Shellbelly

Quote from: Brewcrafter on August 31, 2022, 06:26:40 AMWhat's the print date?

1983 is the first edition.  I found this at an estate sale.  The gentleman made a really nice display of knots mounted on joined driftwood planks.  He used old braids that were from his reel collection and early days in his life.  Very impressive work and detail.

I couldn't touch the firm price of the display and his equipment was sold in the "exclusive, members only, fat wallet secret handshake pre-sale".