HELP!

Started by FLNJBUM, September 04, 2022, 04:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLNJBUM

I screwed up..I didn't take a photo of this when I tore down this super mariner. I can't get these blasted springs to the right way so the handles for them align properly.  Any suggestions or help is appreciated!20220904_122323.jpg
I can explain it to you,  but i cant understand it for you

Wompus Cat

EASY PEASY
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Wompus Cat

When installing the Levers I turn them over so I can move the eccentric
to straight up and down then hold the eccentric in place with my thumb and turn the Lever around to the correct position ,This way you wont bugger up any thing using Pliers or pry bar  trying to line the eccentric up .

For installing the Eccentric with spring . Just place the spring in the Eccentric then put other end of the Spring in the  detent and just push the eccentric in to place and push it in to the hole there will be some resistance but a little pressure will get it done .

FLNJBUM

Do these springs look right? The drag spring appears to be longer and I'm really struggling with it

Wompus Cat

Look at this an see if it will help .

The longer Spring should have a Slight bend to the left just above the Arrow tip .
Are these SAME  the springs you removed ?

Shellbelly

You motivated me to clean a reel.  One eccentric spring, on right, is a little different...shorter on the tail end.  The catalogs give a footnote about these springs indicating that they are different.

Here is how mine came out of the plate.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Wompus Cat

Here is a pic with the Eccentrics engaged to show maybe a little better positioning for you . Red Arrow indicates longer spring position and the slight bend I mentioned earlier so if you put yours together as in this photo you will be good to go .Post back when you get er done ..,,,,

FLNJBUM

Ugh. I got it back together. The anti reverse isn't working at all. Doesn't matter it's gonna be a shelf queen from here on out

Wompus Cat

This is Totally un acceptable .
Tear it Back Down and Make it Work !
If it was working before it will work again . Don't be a QUITTER!
I won't answer any more of your posts if you don't ...... >:D
We don't give up here .
Plus you will not sleep well until you do . TRUST ME .......
It will wake you up in the middle of the night and haunt you until you make it work .

Wompus Cat

Also you have done Reel Good so far . Just take a breath and come back to it when you feel like messing with it . But it is SOOOOOOOO Simple to make that A.R.

oldmanjoe

You got the hard part done . Anti reverse is a piece of cake !!!!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Gfish

Never worked on onea these. But you might be able to get it right by reversing the non-working lever, so lil' knob sticks out from the side-plate when installed{leave the screw out}then move the eccentric/spring unit to a neutral position, hold it there with lot's a pressure, then take the lever, reverse it to it's proper position, then screw that sucker down! Prolly don't make sense without pictures. Lemme know, and maybe I can take a couple.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Wompus Cat

This is How Simple it is .
Thanks to KETA for this picture I found and edited from 2013 :d

FLNJBUM

Thanks everyone.  I did tear the drive plate down and redo it today. I was already flustered and should have stopped. Anyway, it works as designed again. Thanks for all the help.

FLNJBUM

I also tore down a 149 yesterday.  Single lever reels are less complicated. It's amazing how many old dusty Penns I find here in Florida. My job takes me to many homes, and I always comment when I see them..most people are glad to give them away. Here's the 149 and an Ocean City I got from garage picking20220905_113858.jpg20220820_150204.jpg