Tackle hoarders, what have you picked up lately???

Started by pjstevko, September 14, 2022, 07:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

There's a thread like this on the "other" site and I like seeing what other people have bought lately so I thought I'd start a similar thread here. Plus it will make me and the other tackle addicts know we're not alone in our hoarding....

So, what have you picked up lately????

Me? I just got a killer deal on a Mak 10ii SEa and I'm gonna use it for 40# bait!!!!

(PS....If Alan or other mods don't approve of this thread feel free to delete it)

Gfish

An Abu/Zebco Cardinal 7X, with the dark-rust brown gearbox. A trade, so no number increase. The 7X, has a higher gear ratio, slightly larger rotor and spool, and a metal ossilation/spool shaft connection insteada plastic, but  also has smaller gear teeth to get the 5:1.
 The 6 that it replaces, is in good shape, everything works and has braid/mono line on the spool, if anyone is interested.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

steelfish

Quote from: pjstevko on September 14, 2022, 07:25:54 PMSo, what have you picked up lately????

Me? I just got a killer deal on a Mak 10ii SEa and I'm gonna use it for 40# bait!!!!

ooh a Mak10 SEA, I wanted one on that size, congrats, its a killer reel, I have the larger (not bigger) brother, the Mak 15SEA and love it, jigmaster size reel with the guts and power similar to the Penn international reels.

anyway, how many weeks or months ago still qualify as "lately"?

I havent bought any fishing reel lately but bought a factory Calstar GF700M rod that was rebuilt and done last week
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=35628.0

my last acquisitions on fishing gear that I DONT NEED THEM but still wanted them, during 2021 - 2022 are:

- Shimano Trinidad 30DC
- Accurate Boss Extreme BX 400N
- UC Zeus 3 jigging blank (still on the works)
- Calstar GF 700M factory rod already Re-built to my OCD
- Talica 16
The Baja Guy

Bill B

Lately some Knot2Kinky titanium wire, AFW titanium wire and #1 and #2 crimps.  I'm hoping to cross wahoo off the bucket list this year.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pjstevko

Quote from: Bill B on September 14, 2022, 09:17:22 PMLately some Knot2Kinky titanium wire, AFW titanium wire and #1 and #2 crimps.  I'm hoping to cross wahoo off the bucket list this year.  Bill

Solid preparation going on so hopefully that translate into success for ya!

MarkT

Last things I picked up was a Phenix psw909xh and a Lexa TW 400Hp.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

sabaman1

I recently purchased a dam quick 550 spinning reel with box and papers, six spools of old school red/gold gudebrod trimar thread in size c, also a 400gm mustad rip roller jig.   
JIM

sabaman1

Quote from: MarkT on September 14, 2022, 09:50:45 PMLast things I picked up was a Phenix psw909xh and a Lexa TW 400Hp.
Great choice Mark that rod makes an excellent 40lb baitstick fished off the bow of a sportfisher on a tuna drift, as well as a great rod for throwing colt snipers and other jigs.
JIM

Midway Tommy

An well used early 710 Greenie with the white cornered box, mainly for the box so I can put it with the Black 710 I got from Ted.  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Swami805

7FD8D518-B9E7-4197-8CDD-597CA3862D3A.jpeg I rarely buy new reels but I splurged and got an accurate 500N SPJ in dorado color. Hope to give it a go soon
Do what you can with that you have where you are

JasonGotaProblem

In order
Penn 506hs
Abu ultra mag XLV
Mitchell 622
Abu ultra mag XL
Sealine 27sh
Everol "waterproof" 1220
Trying to remember the order of acquisitions before that but im realizing that everything I've bought recently has been baitcaster or conventional. I came here as a spinner enthusiast. I was afraid this would happen. 
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

boon

Mak 15T and a Shimano Abyss 30-50lb rod. Pure YT bait setup. Probably get spooled with 65lb hollowcore.

I'd kinda like a Stella 4000SWB or SWC if I came across one for the right price.

thorhammer

Quote from: sabaman1 on September 14, 2022, 11:27:50 PMI recently purchased a dam quick 550 spinning reel with box and papers, six spools of old school red/gold gudebrod trimar thread in size c, also a 400gm mustad rip roller jig.   

that red and gold is golden....it was the signature threadwork on the first ten years of Thorhammer rods. Gudebrod trimar had better colors than what is now available.

thorhammer

Dunno what means recent, but say, this season:

Squall 15DCS
6500 C3CT Mag Elite
two Abu 6000
Bunch of pimping parts for Abu's including Simon Simonura handles
Built a Rod geeks 13 6-16oz heaver
Penn LB 60. They are always worth the ten bucks I paid!
Some various Shimano spinners, several old boxes of tackle and one of the 6000's for $37 at estate sale!
A ten dollar Cardinal

Shellbelly

Quote from: thorhammer on September 15, 2022, 01:39:33 PMbut say, this season:

Same here.

Sailfisher with the "made in USA" plate.  Kinda hard to find for me. 
1st year 309, box-n-stuffings.
Couple of Penn 99's
Penn 100
Penn 110

Goals NOT met:  14/0, 16/0 Penn$$$.  Good Sailfisher box.  9-10# speck, 5# flounder. 50" redfish.  More sheepshead.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)