Tackle hoarders, what have you picked up lately???

Started by pjstevko, September 14, 2022, 07:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I like that this thread has taken off....It's always interesting to see what catches peoples eyes!!!

Donnyboat

I picked up a Penn Generation V75, it has 5.4 to 1 ratio, also a Amdassadeur 6500C4, a blue one, Plus Randy gave me a 6/0 face plate, possibly the most valuable to me out of the lot, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

nelz

Transitional Ambassadeur 6000, S/N 100702, making it the last of the four-screw frames. But wait, it has a clicker! Very rare.

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Shellbelly

Did you pick up that hoard of 20-some-odd plates on the bay?  I saw the 3 LH plates in that bunch.  I didn't bite cause I'm piled up as it is....but I hovered for a bit!!!  You have the gears for those?
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Shellbelly on September 16, 2022, 05:15:23 PMDid you pick up that hoard of 20-some-odd plates on the bay?  I saw the 3 LH plates in that bunch.  I didn't bite cause I'm piled up as it is....but I hovered for a bit!!!  You have the gears for those?

Yep I bit on them on the Bay .He didn't have a clue what he had and that shows in the rest of his listings which are Ridiculously headed towards MARS on the price.
I have what is not already perfect on these over 300 bux worth of NEW parts to put them in like new condition.
One is going in my mediocre collection Stock ,One I am beefing up with Aluminum Spool and things, the other is going to a Good Member Client. These are True Lefties with the LH stamped on plate as well as reverse threaded Bridge and star as well as left hand Dogs ,Mains and pinions.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Shellbelly

"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)

Keta

I picked up a pair (LH and RH) of small ABU  Max DLC line counter reels.   They will make good kokanee reels and have clickers.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shellbelly

I guess this counts?

I paid for this sailfisher. Instead I got a plastic sack with a bent, broken Olympic DS5/Dohzuki 500DG inside.  It's like a giant Penn 350 clone with a line counter.  Got my money back and I guess I'm now the proud owner of my first Olympic.

I'm gonna take it apart.  Anybody need to see what's inside?

sciaenops

yeah I'm guilty. more acquisitions than sales/donations since the new year, unfortunately.

Saltiga 30T (1st gen)
couple gold Trinis (TN14 & 16)
Ambassadeur 5501C3 (on AT!)
LB Seeker Black Steel 6470
Newell C229-5 & Cabelas HML 7' trigger rod (gifted from a bud)

& yes a Mak10iisea of my very own (only new purchase)

Out the door:
Saltiga 30A
TLD15 (on AT!)

looking for a Phenix Black Diamond 909xhj...

Gfish

"Anybody need to see what's inside". Oh yeah Shellbelly! If you will. I love trying to see the way different companies make their reels.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shellbelly

Quote from: Gfish on September 17, 2022, 04:01:24 PMOh yeah Shellbelly! If you will.

OK.  Got it opened up now.  I'll post it on the "Other" board when I'm done.  It's a pretty busy contraption.

Can't find any info on it so I'm flyin blind.

steelfish

Quote from: Keta on September 16, 2022, 08:25:18 PMI picked up a pair (LH and RH) of small ABU  Max DLC line counter reels.   They will make good kokanee reels and have clickers.

first time I see this models, they look pretty cool.
The Baja Guy

Mjg378

I've always wanted a Penn 2/0.  Picked it up recently. It Cleaned up nice but still working on it. Waiting on a Penn 66 Long Beach right side plate that I just bought to use the guts for parts.  I'll try it out on some piers when I travel. 

Keta

Quote from: steelfish on September 21, 2022, 12:47:04 AM
Quote from: Keta on September 16, 2022, 08:25:18 PMI picked up a pair (LH and RH) of small ABU  Max DLC line counter reels.   They will make good kokanee reels and have clickers.

first time I see this models, they look pretty cool.

They make a larger DLC reel too, Max Toro DLC.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain