Tackle hoarders, what have you picked up lately???

Started by pjstevko, September 14, 2022, 07:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbelly

I wouldn't drill one out either.  I was just curious about how they are built.  I'll keep you in mind when I get into the 349 line.  I have the other Mariners and 249's, just haven't gone further yet.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Shellbelly

Quote from: Keta on September 23, 2022, 03:01:35 PMAll of the single lever 349H reels I have seen are also maroon.
I knew I saw some somewhere.  I don't know the dates of plate color changes on this model.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gfish

A '78 or so, Shimano Bantam. I was thinkin' 'bout lil baitcasters and Shimano came to mind, what about their old stuff? There's so much plastic/graphite composite on the modern stuff.
Then I remembered a post by Mo on one of these reels he acquired. Also, OC-1 Steve provided some interesting history in that thread on the "Lew's speed spool-first Shimano baitcaster" connection.
METAL! Yes, those first Shimano's were almost completely metal; even the handle-knobs were wood insteada plastic. I'd call this era of Shimano baitcasters an "approximate imitation" of the Abu 5000 based baitcasters.
A few years latter Shimano started using "Mag control"(this 100 only has 2-centrifugal brake weights and spool shaft friction control), then close to the same time, graphite parts became the thing. Ah, the 80's... JMO, but so many things changed for the worse then...
Bought it unused with one cover plate dent that I can live with. No signs of ever having line on it or screws being lossened up, and it casts 3/4 oz. great! 2- ball bearings and only 49 parts.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

thorhammer

Greg, got one for my 12th birthday about 1980. Still have it. Love that reel. Prolly should use it, but I still have 5-6 reels from my youth that I don't want to mess up. Abu 5500C, Abu 1000, Abu 5000, Daiwa 210, Johnson Sabre, Daiwa minicast, Zebco 6050 (which Fred rebuilt after my buddy ran over it, thanks Fred!), Olympic VS 1500 I got for my eighth birthday.

steelfish

Quote from: Gfish on October 05, 2022, 05:24:40 AMA '78 or so, Shimano Bantam.

G, looks like a nice match for that rod.

I have the bantam 200 magnumlite which is similar reel but metal and graphite and love it
The Baja Guy

Rocket Dog

I picked up a Penn fathom 25n star drag,  Saltiga 30T, and a 30, both are Gen 1 a lot of surface iron, and finally a nice line winder. BTW, I don't count the 4 jigs sticks because I just sneak them into garage 8) before they get noticed.

Swami805

Ordered a fathom 15xnld2 from a outfit in Australia nib $168 all in. It's not the new gen 2 but couldn't pass it up for that $.  Should be here in a couple weeks. It's on eBay if anyone is looking for one
Do what you can with that you have where you are

pjstevko

Quote from: Swami805 on October 06, 2022, 04:25:18 AMOrdered a fathom 15xnld2 from a outfit in Australia nib $168 all in. It's not the new gen 2 but couldn't pass it up for that $.  Should be here in a couple weeks. It's on eBay if anyone is looking for one

Great price! I love my 15ld2!!!!

nelz

Picked up an Abu Anbassadeur 5500C at the flea market, looked like a great deal for a restoration project. Then at home, my hopes got deflated when I noticed the bent frame and sideplate.  :(  Oh well, win some lose some.  :(

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Shellbelly on September 23, 2022, 10:16:07 PMPM me your address and I'll get out it to you.  You can buy me a grape NEHI sometime.

That vented spool and box is on the bay.  Been there a while cause it's a little steep. 

I'm in the same boat as you for shiny sailfisher parts.  I have a 1st year and a later 130 build waiting on chrome. 

Clean LB 60's are the only resource I've had for 37-60 posts on my 130's.  Nobody is selling those posts in good condition.  285 posts have the same part# but are thinner, go figure,...and believe me, it shows when you use them on a 130.

forgot about this DEAL ....lol
Got a NEW Part for the Sailfisher you MIGHT be Enter Rested in to trade.

P/M Sent today .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

rogan

Got a few new things this year:

Okuma Custom Blue, it went to Cedros this year
Daiwa PMF55,  it also went to Cedros this year
Abu 7000C (Thanks Alex!)
Abu 7000C3 future catfish reel
ProGear 255 - my second one and also my favorite reel

Bottom rod is an Okuma swimbait rod purchased used locally - it went to Cedros with the PMF55, good combo for swimbaits and calico bass
Top rod is a custom built Phenix Black Diamond 809H 20-50, it went to Cedros as my surface iron rod paired with a PG 2500, another good combo. My local rod builder ran out of yellowtail decals, so he used a Dorado instead

sciaenops

Okuma, Abu & ProGear. That's some good stuff there.

rogan

Quote from: sciaenops on October 11, 2022, 02:58:30 AMOkuma, Abu & ProGear. That's some good stuff there.

I have had a lot of great advice from the folks here 8)