tekota 500 LC

Started by alantani, April 25, 2009, 10:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

glad it worked!!!!! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

roosterfish

Alan, I need to put a T BAR handle on reel. can you do this?. If so will mail to you. Thanks

retiredandfishing

Quote from: alantani on May 14, 2020, 02:16:27 AMok, this is really going to be no fun, but here goes. 

you were right about cutting a slot with a dremel.  i use the no.409 cutting wheel.  i save the worn down discs for small jobs like this.  you need a cutting wheel small enough to get inside the stuck case.  you will be cutting two slots inside the stuck case, towards the bottom.  go ahead and cut a little deep.  don't worry if you cut through the case a little. 

ok, the two slots are cut.  now you need a socket that is large enough that the stuck case can drop inside when you are successful, but small enough to fully support the plastic housing that holds the case.  if the plastic housing is not adequately supported, you could bend the the side plate.  trust me, it's tough to get them bent back straight. 

now, get a nail punch or center punch.  use your bench grinder to cut a sharp flat face and about a 60 degree angle.  get an able bodied assistant to hold the socket and the side plate in place.  find the slots that you just cut with the sharp end of the punch, use a hammer to tap, alternate each side every couple of taps until you can wiggle the stuck case out of the plastic housing. 

success!  thank your able bodied assistant profusely, have a drink and get back to work.  well done!!!!!

Since this is a common problem to run across, not to mention a pain the a--, Thought I would mention something I found helps.  I do all the above with one addition.  I cut the slots then put the side case in my ultra sonic tank with simple green heated to as hot as it goes on my ultra sonic. which is about 115 F.  I treat that for about 15 minutes then punch it out and it usually slips right out with a much smaller amount of force needed to remove it.

Steve

imfishin

Hi folks,
 I just acquired a Shimano 500hg lc and want to replace the power handle with a dual paddle handle.
 It appears that the paddle handle from a 300lc is interchangeable with the 500lc
 does anyone have a supplier that might have one in stock or is there another dual paddle handle that
 is not junk that might be available?

Thanks for any help.

alantani

i have an old calcutta handle that should fit.  sent me a pm with your full mailing address and i'll send it out. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!