Question

Started by Bill B, October 02, 2022, 03:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Has anyone ever heard someone say "no, I don't need anymore fishing reels" ?

And if you did what did you do?

Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pjstevko

I believe I may have said that once..... quickly followed by "but I WANT more!"

Like my grandfather used to say "Need and want are two very different things! Be honest with yourself about each!"

Brewcrafter

Damn...that went viral quick  :d  -Guess I gotta buy more rods! -  john

foakes

Quote from: Bill B on October 02, 2022, 03:17:17 AMHas anyone ever heard someone say "no, I don't need anymore fishing reels" ?

Bill

Not on this site, Bill —-

Maybe out in the general angling public.

For me, for every 10 I get rid of, 20 more mysteriously materialize.  Go figure?

And I am not complaining —- because they just get restored and back out into the hands of those who appreciate and use good tools.

Now, there is a big difference between the crappy reels mostly used today by folks not on our site —- and the quality reels that we all know and use.

My statement might be, "No, I don't need anymore crappy plastic Tupperware marvel reels".

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Wompus Cat

EVERYTHING TO EXCESS

MODERATION IS FOR MONKS
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Bill B

Quote from: Brewcrafter on October 02, 2022, 03:52:04 AMDamn...that went viral quick  :d  -Guess I gotta buy more rods! -  john

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Brewcrafter

Actually Bill, I have had a total change of heart.  Nothing quite says "I deserve to get more fishing equipment" like spending a Sunday morning shopping for a washing machine and drying out a flooded garage.  Even my trusted Repairclinic.com said something along the lines of "If your problem is the main seal, yes it can be repaired, but you are probably better off just getting a new unit" - john

jgp12000

I used to say this is the last reel I will ever buy and stopped,why lie to myself.I have a friend whose wife collects
purses,he told me once her collection was worth $40k??? Personally I rather have 40k cash in a $10 wallet to buy more reels that I don't need...There are worse things to waste money on,we all have different hobbies,guns,old cars some hobbies are pricier than others.

Shellbelly

Quote from: Bill B on October 02, 2022, 03:17:17 AMAnd if you did what did you do?
I asked if he wanted to get rid of them.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

JasonGotaProblem

I come to realize my current collection checks most boxes I'm interested in checking. I dont see myself seeking out more tackle. Not to say i wont ever get more but I really do think I have enough. For now.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

thorhammer

i have more than enough. but i'm getting more.

philaroman

Quote from: Bill B on October 02, 2022, 03:17:17 AMHas anyone ever heard someone say "no, I don't need anymore fishing reels" ?
I heard myself say that many times
promptly bought another reel, OF COURSE 

Rocket Dog

The funny thing is I actually thought something similar about my jig collection. Then I realized I should re-ring and hook some then take them fishing.

Maxed Out

Yes Bill, I say it every time I get another reel. Every so often I'll sell 2 or 3 and then get 4 to take their place !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Wompus Cat

I only have a couple  Reels.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him