Cheaters Seldom Prosper

Started by Midway Tommy, October 02, 2022, 03:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Shellbelly on October 03, 2022, 07:15:07 PMI don't think there's a wet spot left for those guys to fish in.  Pull their licenses for life and make sure they can't register a boat.  They were lucky to get out of there with their hides based on the crowd's reactions. 
 :d
If that's not enough, think about how they have to explain this to their families.  Momma ain't gonna like it.

Prob can't tell they Daddies since they Don't Know who they is  ::)
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Midway Tommy

Guys like that have no conscience.  >:D If the did they wouldn't have done it in the first place.  ;)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Maxed Out

Quote from: Midway Tommy on October 04, 2022, 02:17:20 AMGuys like that have no conscience.  >:D If the did they wouldn't have done it in the first place.  ;)

.....and no moral compass
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Gobi King

Nothing new, not sure if OH has strict laws for fishing comp cheating.
These won a few more in the last few weeks, hmmm, makes you wonder.

I bet the tournament observer was IN it too, he was on the boat with them.

I think every tournament needs to xray/ultra sono the fish  :cf
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Gobi King on October 04, 2022, 03:53:11 PMNothing new, not sure if OH has strict laws for fishing comp cheating.

I bet the tournament observer is  IN it too, he was on the boat with them.

So whose this tournament observer? Haven't heard anything about that scenario.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Gobi King

Quote from: Midway Tommy on October 04, 2022, 03:59:45 PM
Quote from: Gobi King on October 04, 2022, 03:53:11 PMNothing new, not sure if OH has strict laws for fishing comp cheating.

One report mentioned that the tournament had observers in the competitors boats, including the cheater.
Fichigan

philaroman

Walmart is their new sponsor:
one-stop shopping for tackle, caulking guns & tungsten paste/putty
(they've learned not to misuse lead sinkers  ::))

Gobi King

Quote from: Gobi King on October 04, 2022, 06:07:12 PM
Quote from: Midway Tommy on October 04, 2022, 03:59:45 PM

One report mentioned that the tournament had observers in the competitors boats, including the cheater.
Correction: the last tourney they were in had observers, hmm, they won their last 3 or 4 tournaments, probably cheated on all of them.
Fichigan

whalebreath

Quote from: Gobi King on October 04, 2022, 03:53:11 PMI think every tournament needs to xray/ultra sono the fish..../quote]
If it's a kill tournament like that one all they need is a sharp filet knife-as is all that official had was a dull pocket knife kinds sad when you think about it the organisation is just asking to be ripped off.

Gfish

Quote from: Midway Tommy on October 04, 2022, 02:17:20 AMGuys like that have no conscience.  >:D If the did they wouldn't have done it in the first place.  ;)
Quote from: Maxed Out on October 04, 2022, 02:27:33 AM

.....and no moral compass

Actually kinda shocking as well as depressing. Such a small gain in this case.
 I have people around me all the time who are very quick with a lie and and good at it. They seem to enjoy it—-you could ask 'em "what time is it?" And they'll lie just to be getting over on you, with no apparent motive. Doesn't seem to bother them at all... then I see little kids that don't have any concept of dishonesty. Wonder what age range it usually starts...
Kids have a strong concept of fairness. Watch/listen to 'em playing sports games, their play has to stop every 30 seconds. A bit of arguing, then a
"Do over"!.  When do they lose that? How many insults to their sense of right and wrong as the grow-up, before the eventually give-up and join the weak-#### cheaters...?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oc1

The sickening part is that there are fishing tournaments at all; much less a professional fisherman circuit.  They've forgotten the reason humans go fishing.

JasonGotaProblem

Read an interesting piece on this yesterday. The gist of it was that people do stuff like this all the time, and that this only became national news because of the viral video clip that accompanied the story.
Fishing competitions IMO should be limited to making fun of your friends when you catch bigger fish than them.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Gobi King

Fichigan

Wompus Cat

If they had left the Hook and Line on .........I wonder  ::)
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Midway Tommy

Quote from: oc1 on October 06, 2022, 05:45:42 AMThe sickening part is that there are fishing tournaments at all; much less a professional fisherman circuit.  They've forgotten the reason humans go fishing.

Fished one walleye tournament 30 years or so ago. Was thinking about joining their association. Didn't care for the atmosphere, and really didn't like the cliqueish environment. Never joined the association and never fished another tournament. It's sure not anything I want to be a part of.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE