Pac Queen 1.5 day (July 30th - August 1st 2023) Join me!!!!

Started by pjstevko, October 08, 2022, 11:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

Just signed up for a 1.5 day aboard the Pac Queen July 30 - August 1st 2023 and wanted throw out the invite in case anyone is interested!

There are 21 spots left so sign up and come fish one of the best boats in the short range fleet!!!

rogan

PJ, I'm in! I just booked my spot, so now there are 16 spots left.  Can't wait to try for my first tuna.  Rich

pjstevko

Quote from: rogan on October 09, 2022, 09:20:23 PMPJ, I'm in! I just booked my spot, so now there are 16 spots left.  Can't wait to try for my first tuna.  Rich
Hell ya Rich! I'm gonna warn you right now.... Once you catch tuna little else will scratch the itch!

Rocket Dog

$450. That's a good price. How is the layout of the boat? I see 33 persons is the max.

rogan

[/quote]
Hell ya Rich! I'm gonna warn you right now.... Once you catch tuna little else will scratch the itch!
[/quote]

I don't know PJ, Cedros yellowtail are the juice for me. Surface iron fishing for yellows is pretty epic!

pjstevko

Quote from: Rocket Dog on October 09, 2022, 11:44:30 PM$450. That's a good price. How is the layout of the boat? I see 33 persons is the max.

That price does not include meals or galley tab...

I prefer the limited load longer trips but it's ok with the 33 person load.

There's a reason they sell out trips a year in advance!

pjstevko

9 spots left!!!!!

If anyone is interested better signup now!!!!!!

You can always cancel and get your money back since there will be a waiting list for this trip....

pjstevko

The trip is less than a week away!

I've got plenty of nighttime jig leaders made already and the clothes are packed already. I'll tie on some flour leaders tomorrow and get the jig bag filled. Then the only left to do the night before is mount the rod pod to the roof racks and pack up the truck.

Crab Pot

PJ,

I know it may be long haul for a 1.5 day trip but any idea if your going to San Cleante Island?

If so let us know what night jigs worked and didn't.

Have a feeling I'll be there late August.

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

pjstevko

Quote from: Crab Pot on July 24, 2023, 10:20:23 PMPJ,

I know it may be long haul for a 1.5 day trip but any idea if your going to San Cleante Island?

If so let us know what night jigs worked and didn't.

Have a feeling I'll be there late August.

Steve

That's my guess where we'll be but I'm wrong all the time just ask my wife  ;D

Jigs that have been working haven't changed all season..... knife jigs and eddie/sinker bombs!

Brewcrafter

Steve - It's really not that far for SCI, I would say a high probability unless the bluefin suddenly go awol that is where they will go, - john

Crab Pot

Hey John,

I know where SCI is but I don't know the speed of the Pacific Queen.

When I think SCI I think cows.

High risk but high rewards...but not for everyone.

On a 1.5 day I'd rather catch schoolies all day, or at least have the chance, than motoring back and fourth to SCI.

Then again I'd be on the rail all night!

Just thinking out loud.

PJ,

What's an Eddie/Sinker Bomb? 

pjstevko

Quote from: Crab Pot on July 25, 2023, 03:45:43 AMPJ,

What's an Eddie/Sinker Bomb? 

Basically it's a 16oz sinker with hooks, either big treble on the bottom or jigging assist hooks at the top.

Crab Pot