What Happens to a DAM Quick When it Goes in a Washing Machine?

Started by foakes, October 18, 2022, 02:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

I am not sure, Greg —-

Probably since line technology has come a long ways in 39 years (1983 model 1401) —- and I am not sure that braid was a thing back then —- or even invented yet?

Likely referring to old fashioned mono.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Here is a 41 lb. King caught with one of the DQ 3001's that I am restoring to new for this gentleman.

Kenai River, Alaska —- early 80's.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Finished up the restore on one of the DQ 3001's last night.

These are extremely tough and capable reels.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Woodpuppy

Hmmm any chance that drag knob would fit a Penn 714z or 716z? 🤔

CincyDavid

Can you imagine the noise that would have made in the DRYER?