A ground up 2500C IAR build

Started by tincanary, November 05, 2022, 11:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Glad we have an Abu hotrodder on the site. Thanks for posting on these Tincanary. Giving me ideas...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

jurelometer

Quote from: tincanary on November 11, 2022, 09:07:08 PM
Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on November 11, 2022, 08:41:16 PMThere's always something on these eBay listings about customs and import tarriffs etc are not included and are buyers responsibility. What does that add to the cost of these things?
I couldn't tell you, they've never hit me with an import fee and I've been buying from Japan frequently the last couple of years.  I think it depends on the quantity that you order before the tariffs come into play.

I believe there is something called a "De Minimus" value below which no import fees will be charged by US Customs.  800 $USD.  There are exceptions and fine print, and overseas sellers don't want to make any claims that it will be duty free lest they end up holding the bag.

The USCBP Site is a complicated mess (shocking, I know...) but I did find this:

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/de-minimis-value-increases-800

I am also not making any definitive claims that you won't get nicked. I wasn't charged anything on a $600 purchase of new merchandise DHLed from the EU a couple years ago.

YMMV

-J