Hello.....New to the site but not to penn reels

Started by Maxed Out, February 14, 2012, 01:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Max:  I used to fish out of Deception Pass in your area.  I loved fishing the San Juan Islands.  Great looking boat.  Hey Frank, good looking daughter and a good looking fish.  I'm torn.  :-*  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

[Dom, we will learn a lot from Ted. When it comes to Penn, he's very knowlegeable. Ted has already taught me quite a bit in the past, he's an old friend.
[/quote]

OK Sal, my secret is out so I may as well show off a few of the truly collector penns from my collection.

1st is a set of teal green penn reels from 1957 all new in original boxes. a green 109, #9, & 209

2nd is a ultra rare penn 109 all red reel that sold on EBAY for $304.00. That's right, a 109 that sold for $304.00. I had the only 4 all red 109's known to exsist.

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

redsetta

Great pics Ted - keep 'em coming!  ;)
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Very nice Ted, I'm sure that's just a little tease ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 15, 2012, 01:11:53 AM
Very nice Ted, I'm sure that's just a little tease ;D

Here's one you might recognize Sal. ...A 114H 1982 anniversary model with the rare red aluminum spool and solid chrome spacer bars.

I had one brand new in the box that sold to a really good friend/collector from Virginia....He gladly paid $250.00 for it. Kinda wish I'da kept that one.

broadway

By the looks of those photos.... I should have known he was your friend, Sal.

Sal, Alan, and all the other usual suspects have taught me so much it's amazing... I look forward to some more Penn expertise.
Beautiful reels, let me know when you're ready to sell some Senators (after Sal of course;)
Thanks for sharing,
Dom

Alto Mare

Dom, that 114HL is the reel that you pulled away from, when I told you that a friend was bidding on it. This was about a year ago.
You're a good man Dom ;).

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 15, 2012, 02:05:20 AM
Dom, that 114HL is the reel that you pulled away from, when I told you that a friend was bidding on it. This was about a year ago.
You're a good man Dom ;).

Thanks Sal and Dom.....I still have that red 114H that I stole from Sal for $100.00

Dominick

Hey! Look at you guys.  A bunch of show-offs.  What good is having a reel in a box.  Check out the 114HL on the workbench. 

Now check out the 114HL in action.  My fishing buddy Wayne is putting on one of Dawns aluminum handles.  When it is finished, I'll post a picture.  I have to give Wayne credit for the pictures.  I take him along to take pictures.  Otherwise I don't get in the pictures.  ;D .  All kidding aside, Wayne was on our team for the 2011 Tuna Tournament in Cabo.  He is an avid fisherman, although he gets excited with a 6 inch trout (that's a little weird).  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Pescachaser on February 15, 2012, 03:27:44 AM
Hey! Look at you guys.  A bunch of show-offs.  What good is having a reel in a box.  Check out the 114HL on the workbench. 

Now check out the 114HL in action.  My fishing buddy Wayne is putting on one of Dawns aluminum handles.  When it is finished, I'll post a picture.  I have to give Wayne credit for the pictures.  I take him along to take pictures.  Otherwise I don't get in the pictures.  ;D .  All kidding aside, Wayne was on our team for the 2011 Tuna Tournament in Cabo.  He is an avid fisherman, although he gets excited with a 6 inch trout (that's a little weird).  Dominick

Love it !!!!!

That looks like a throne for royalty, along with a few thousand bucks of primo fish killin' gear. Very Nice, now I'm jealous !!!

broadway

Sal,
      I'm glad that reel went to a true Penn collector like Ted ... it was a beauty!

Dominick,
     That chair looks like a great platform to fish from... can you get a shave and shampoo in that thing, too? :o
You gotta find those blinging chrome cross bars for that 114hl to go with those Hawaiian shirts I always see you in ;D
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on February 15, 2012, 05:30:25 AM
Dominick,
     That chair looks like a great platform to fish from... can you get a shave and shampoo in that thing, too? :o
You gotta find those blinging chrome cross bars for that 114hl to go with those Hawaiian shirts I always see you in ;D
Dom
Dom:  Read the quote above the picture.  I received the handle from Dawn a couple of months ago.  I gave it to Wayne to do.  He is just getting into rebuilding and maintaining reels so he wanted the experience.  One of these days he'll get to it.  That's a hint Wayne. Dominick

broadway

Dominick,
    Those cross bars ain't easy to find... I hope ya got a hook up for 'em!  I paid $35 bucks for the pair last year, but haven't ever found more for sale... does Wayne have a hook?  I do think Dawn's handle would look sweet on there, too!
Dom

seaeagle2

Nice looking North River,    Those look like knuckle busters in the rocket launcher.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

broadway

I think you're right, SeaEagle... Ted must be a moocher ;)
Dom