Where to find round power knob for prochallenger offset handle blank

Started by Wilmar, November 10, 2022, 05:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilmar

I'm having a tough time finding a ROUND power knob for the offset handle blanks Prochallenger sells on Mystic Parts for Jigmasters. These are the pretty colored annodized aluminum handle blanks.  These blanks have a 5 mm diameter hole and are 4 mm thick.

I had to return a Gomexus knob (a 47 mm round knob) that would have been just about big enough for my hands but the hardware they include was really designed for guys upgrading their spinning reel knobs (made for 7 mm thick handle stock and diameter of hole was 6 mm, I think).  I was not interested in drilling out the hole and using washers to shim it to work - looked wonky).

So, what are people using for the round knobs they put on these Prochallenger blades?  Anyone with experience?

Much thanks.

Chip

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Wilmar

Thanks Swami,
Don't know how I was able to miss those on his website but I did!

Chip

Squidder Bidder

Quote from: Wilmar on November 10, 2022, 05:54:22 PMI'm having a tough time finding a ROUND power knob for the offset handle blanks Prochallenger sells on Mystic Parts for Jigmasters. These are the pretty colored annodized aluminum handle blanks.  These blanks have a 5 mm diameter hole and are 4 mm thick.

I had to return a Gomexus knob (a 47 mm round knob) that would have been just about big enough for my hands but the hardware they include was really designed for guys upgrading their spinning reel knobs (made for 7 mm thick handle stock and diameter of hole was 6 mm, I think).  I was not interested in drilling out the hole and using washers to shim it to work - looked wonky).

So, what are people using for the round knobs they put on these Prochallenger blades?  Anyone with experience?

Much thanks.

Chip

Amazon carries Gomexus Power Knobs with shaft that fit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084JKDTCZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The shaft isn't overly snug in the blank's hole and there's a little play but not too much, so I used a #4 Stainless flat washer over a #6 Flat Nylon Washer on the inside of the handle blank (under where the supplied screw head for the screw that goes into the shaft is located) to help snug it up a bit so that the screw head snugs up on the ss washer. So far it works very well.

Wilmar

Squidder Bidder,

Well, that surely is helpful, I've written to Gomexus to see if I can get the correct hardware and knob mailed back to me. 

I owe you one.

Thanks all,  Chip

Squidder Bidder

Quote from: Wilmar on November 10, 2022, 08:42:49 PMSquidder Bidder,

Well, that surely is helpful, I've written to Gomexus to see if I can get the correct hardware and knob mailed back to me. 

I owe you one.

Thanks all,  Chip

Just make sure you get the knob with the shaft - they sell the knob without shaft and with shaft, you're going to need the shaft.

handi2

I still have a bunch of the round power knobs and T-Bars that used to seLl on EBay.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

JasonGotaProblem

You calling this wonky?

Ok fine it's wonky. But I like it.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Wilmar

Jason,

No, I do not think that looks wonky.  If I can get mine to look like that I will be happy.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL