Golf Cart Bushings?

Started by jgp12000, November 18, 2022, 05:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I have a 2015 EZGO TXT and it rides like a covered wagon now.I called the local cart dealer and inquired about better shocks and he told me it was most likely the bushings are wore out.I use it everyday are there any golf cart gurus on here that can enlighten me?

Keta

Measure the bushings and look at a hardware  store or a online source like McMaster-Carr.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gfish

Get onea those 4 wheelers that do all that cool stuff, they're advertising alla time. Fix the golf cart and sell it.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oc1

Do you know anything about the wheelers Gregg?  I'm getting decrepit and need one that will climb a steep incline.

Cuttyhunker

Try the site buggies gone wild, kind of like Tani for carts.  They love to hotrod their stuff too!!
Doomed from childhood

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Midway Tommy

Getting parts for EZGOs is tough. I've got a 2011 Workhorse and a 2000 Cushman Workhorse equivalent and getting parts for them is a PIA! Textron wants you to get your parts through an authorized dealer, and prices are ridiculous. 🙄
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

Quote from: Cuttyhunker on November 19, 2022, 01:03:47 PMTry the site buggies gone wild, kind of like Tani for carts.  They love to hotrod their stuff too!!

Quote from: Keta on November 19, 2022, 01:17:54 PMhttps://www.buggiesgonewild.com/

Thank you both.  The info I need is probably there.  I'm torn between electric and gas.  I hate, with a passion, small gas engines.  But, I doubt that an electric will have enough oomph to get up the incline.

jgp12000

We got gas because no power on the land at that time.Also,new batteries are around $800 every 5 years I've heard.our gas cart is quiet and has plenty of power 13hp kawasaki.I can go a month on a tank driving it some daily.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: jgp12000 on November 21, 2022, 12:22:20 PMWe got gas because no power on the land at that time.Also,new batteries are around $800 every 5 years I've heard.our gas cart is quiet and has plenty of power 13hp kawasaki.I can go a month on a tank driving it some daily.

Yeah, neither of mine are loud. Both are quieter than a car. They make nice mufflers for them. They don't have to sound like a 4 wheeler or motorcycle.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Cuttyhunker

Quote from: oc1 on November 20, 2022, 04:21:21 AM
Quote from: Cuttyhunker on November 19, 2022, 01:03:47 PMTry the site buggies gone wild, kind of like Tani for carts.  They love to hotrod their stuff too!!

Quote from: Keta on November 19, 2022, 01:17:54 PMhttps://www.buggiesgonewild.com/

Thank you both.  The info I need is probably there.  I'm torn between electric and gas.  I hate, with a passion, small gas engines.  But, I doubt that an electric will have enough oomph to get up the incline.

Steve there are tricks for the all electric power you need, first is heavier cables for the batteries to offset the DC line loss, higher power electric motors etc etc, just depends how deep you want to get into it.  Keeping things clean and corrosion free on the connections is huge especially under load.
Doomed from childhood

Wally15

cartspartsplus.com is another source for upgrades to golf carts. About 10 years ago, when I was big into deer hunting, I converted a gas '05 Club Car DS into a hunting cart. Replaced the 9 HP Kawasaki with a 23 HP Briggs Vanguard. Tons of power, but the golf cart only had one drive wheel, which created problems getting the deer out of steep ravines. I should have sold the cart and spent the $3K upgrade on an ATV.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

mark Hill

Before you buy any bearings check the bearing number at your local John Deere dealership. I bought a bearing for an old BSA B50MX motorcycle that was $85.00 at the bike shop...John Deere sold me the exact bearing for $12.00.  ;)
"Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, and he will start collecting and refurbishing old reels"