2022 Lake Erie season is over

Started by Christopher M Songer, November 27, 2022, 10:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher M Songer

Another fishing season on Lake Erie out of Vermilion, Ohio, has come to a close. Thomas Reindel and I have put 50/50 on the trailer. Time for some TLC and hibernation. During the fall derby season, we got 9 trips in with 9 consecutive boat limits! A lot of walleye made it to the freezer but no fish big enough to weigh for the derbies. David M. Rothhaas, and Ray Vargo put in the lion's share of help to put fish on the deck. Team efforts = success. 156 walleye were cleaned for 312 filets. Now it's time to concentrate on the river steelhead season.
Always go forward, never go straight

Midway Tommy

That's a lot of nice walleyes!  8)
 :fish Do they not have possession limits up there?  :o  In NE Daily Bag Limit is 4 and Possession Limit is 8 and in MN it's 6 Daily and 6 total in Possession.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Christopher M Songer

Daily limit of 6 per person, no possession limits. This is the walleye capital of the world. We used to have a spring limit of 4 per day but the hatch has been off the charts good the past 5 years even that was changed to 6 per day year-round.

Gobi King

Quote from: Christopher M Songer on November 28, 2022, 10:40:19 AMDaily limit of 6 per person, no possession limits. This is the walleye capital of the world. We used to have a spring limit of 4 per day but the hatch has been off the charts good the past 5 years even that was changed to 6 per day year-round.
Nice,
Walleye is pretty slow on the West side in MI, I need to make a trip east!

5 or 6 a day, 2 days possession limit in MI
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Hardy Boy

Nice looking fish ! Your boat would look good here on the West Coast.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Christopher M Songer

My daughter lives in Vancouver and I dream of getting a boat for the Pacific N. West and spending more time there. If only I was rich! Hewscraft comes to mind.