It takes a village

Started by JasonGotaProblem, November 28, 2022, 01:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Every year we do the christmas village. Every year it gets a bit more absurd. This year I added the background mountains. Made from none but the highest quality Styrofoam.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

tincanary

That looks great.  Something you can do to enhance the mountains, put some glue on them and dip them in a coarse sand, or you can coat them in quickcrete, you can brush it on.  I used to do aquariums in the past and made a lot of backgrounds from styro and Quickcrete, looks like real rocks.

Shellbelly

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on November 28, 2022, 01:37:49 AMEvery year it gets a bit more absurd
Gotta add godzilla in a santa hat if you want absurd....but pretty cool.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

pointbob

Terrordactyls swoop in on fishing line.
Patience comes to those who wait

JasonGotaProblem

At least once per year the so-called 'elf on the shelf' rides down main Street on a t-rex. Last year some transformers stopped off for a visit, and when I find the missing hot wheels car, santa's cherry red R34 skyline will reappear.

That's a good idea for the mountains. I was gonna spray paint the furthest back ones a pale blue to look like atmospheric haze, but if memory serves, styro and spray paint make poor bedfellows.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

alantani

Quote from: Shellbelly on November 28, 2022, 04:30:16 AMGotta add godzilla in a santa hat if you want absurd....but pretty cool.

funny...  not helping, but funny....   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

I have 4 cats, so no village on my tree
The Baja Guy