Colored Mono Fishing Line

Started by El Pescador, November 30, 2022, 03:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Thanks every one, some very good comments, I am only interested in the multi colours, not what the fish think, as it is quite decorative, with the cross weeve on the spool, I am only thinking of it catching someones eye, as I try to sell this reel, and a couple of other Sea Martin reels I have, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Donnyboat on December 02, 2022, 12:22:41 AMThanks every one, some very good comments, I am only interested in the multi colours, not what the fish think, as it is quite decorative, with the cross weeve on the spool, I am only thinking of it catching someones eye, as I try to sell this reel, and a couple of other Sea Martin reels I have, cheers Don.
I am laughing at this, Catching someone eye ...   You can flip the line end for end with the unused side on top ...
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Shellbelly

What a ride!!

Quote from: oldmanjoe on December 02, 2022, 12:35:53 AMYou can flip the line end for end with the unused side on top ...

...and he just drops the microphone.

I love this place!
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

philaroman

Quote from: oldmanjoe on December 02, 2022, 12:35:53 AM
Quote from: Donnyboat on December 02, 2022, 12:22:41 AM...it is quite decorative, with the cross weeve on the spool, I am only thinking of it catching someones eye...
I am laughing at this, Catching someone eye ...  You can flip the line end for end with the unused side on top ...

all that bother for eye-catching? 
just wear something low-cut in photo

Shellbelly

Quote from: philaroman on December 02, 2022, 01:59:08 AMjust wear something low-cut in photo

There's a Penn 250 that's been listed for maybe a year being held close to a "pair".  I think nobody will buy it cause "they" have become eye candy.

"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Donnyboat

Okay thanks Joe, I reverst the line many years ago, thats why I say it fadee, I had a close look @ the mono, it is not braided, just changes colour every 18 inches, two shades of green, also a red wine colour, a blue & yellow. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

nelz

Trik Fish Armor Tough Mono comes in "camo" colors. It's supposed to be pretty good stuff, (I haven't tried it yet). It's made of "Perlon" not nylon, but looks like standard "mono".

jurelometer

Sorry to go all sciency again, but I can't help myself :)

Haven't used Trikfish, but am a bit skeptical about their claims.

Trikfish does make the claim "unlike nylon" (which seems "unlikely") but I didn't see any claim from them that they are using product from the Perlon company.  A partially defunct triplefish.net website does reference Perlon.  So maybe the retailers got confused?

The Perlon filament company describes their fishing line product as NYLON, specifically a nylon 6 -nylon 6/6 copolymer (bl end), which being two of the oldest flavors of nylon, probably nothing especially unique:

https://www.perlon.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/PER_PB_PerlonXline_en_092022.pdf

Longer version:

Perlon was originally a trade name for Nylon 6 monomer (no blend), one of the earliest nylons.  According to this old Berkeley patent, nylon 6 was the common original monofilament line, but suffered from stiffness.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US3182100A/en

Nylon 6 was developed in Europe, and now Perlon is a also the name of a German filament company that makes among other things, monofilament fishing line.  Wouldn't be surprised if Trikfish is contracting their line from Perlon- as Perlon seems to be a big player.  From what I have read, few line companies actually make their own lines.  The larger line companies can probably contract for some a la carte recipes/treatments.  The smaller line companies just select from the menu. 

AFAIK, when fishing line companies start spewing techno-babblespeak about "co-polyamides", they are just referring to nylon blends. Polyamide and nylon is used almost interchangeably. There are other synthetic polyamides out there  (e.g., Aramid/Kevlar), but nylon is the one that fits the bill for clarity, mechanical properties, and affordability needed for monofilament fishing line.

Not a chemist, so take the above with a grain of salt...

And I think that Don has founded the best use for Camo line- attracting fishermen  :D

-J

nelz

Wasn't Trik-Fish previously known as Triple-Fish?

From Linkedin:
Dona Stallings
Administrative at Triple Fish Int'l./Trik Fish LLC
Clermont, Florida, United States

But yes, Trik-Fish does not mention Perlon on their site, although the big retailers claim it's perlon in the descriptions.

jurelometer

Quote from: nelz on December 02, 2022, 08:47:29 PMWasn't Trik-Fish previously known as Triple-Fish?

From Linkedin:
Dona Stallings
Administrative at Triple Fish Int'l./Trik Fish LLC
Clermont, Florida, United States

But yes, Trik-Fish does not mention Perlon on their site, although the big retailers claim it's perlon in the descriptions.

Had to check this out.  Looks like the Triple Fish branding  was not properly immunized, and got infected in the "Florida" :)

An actual real, well known company with a physical address - American Fishing Wire  - owns the USA trademark "Triple Fish" and sells Triple Fish and Hi Seas line via a deal with the original Euro company.  This is the real stuff.

https://fishingtackleretailer.com/triple-fish-relaunch/

The triplefishamerica URL goes to a site selling Trikfish line. The Trikfish packaging is remarkably  similar in appearance to Triple Fish. Sorta fishy. No physical address on the contact page at Trikfish.

There is a Florida guy connected to two LLCs - Triple Fish LLC, and Triple Fish International LLC, as well as Trikfish.  There are several other defunct  "Triple Fish" companies, all based in Florida, and one actually sued another (Triple Fish Am., Inc. v. Triple Fish Int'l, L.C).  None of this has any apparent legitimate link to the authentic stuff.

-J

nelz

Trik Fish Llc and Triple Fish International, L.c. share the same address:

1240 Commons Ct,
Clermont, Florida, 34711

Also, look at the back of this Trik-Fish spool:

Bryan Young

Does this look like the fishing line?

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jurelometer

Quote from: nelz on December 02, 2022, 10:41:26 PMTrik Fish Llc and Triple Fish International, L.c. share the same address:

1240 Commons Ct,
Clermont, Florida, 34711

Also, look at the back of this Trik-Fish spool:

Yep.  That is what I pretty much what said in my post.  Note that there is a difference between a brand name and a business name.

Triple Fish(brand) is an active registered trademark of the Portuguese company that licensed the official Triple Fish brand to AFW (company). Just did a trademark search to verify active ownership.

Somebody in Florida somehow managed to register the name "Triple Fish" for an LLC business in Florida, but does not have rights to the trademark for the actual Triple Fish brand. The product name used is the lookalike "Trik Fish".  So I really doubt that this is the official product.

Hope this helps,

-J

nelz

MarkT

Ya wanna get trikk'd? Buy some "Power Pro" on eBay!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!