Mitchell half bail

Started by DON3099, December 11, 2022, 02:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DON3099

I had a friend pick me up a Mitchell 300 1/2bail, just because I didn't have one. I have refurbished a few Mitchell's , and painted them. With little luck getting the script to show. This 300 was in good shape. My daughter was expecting my 3rd grandson (2 of which have no interest in fishing).  This on has a good shot to fish as my daughter every chance she has with me. And she will get all my fishing related hobby stuff.
So I decided to have a friend restore it for me.
I don't want to step on anyone here that might restore reels. But if you want his information PM me.1.jpg6.jpg10.jpeg11.jpeg   

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Gfish

Yes. Thanks DON3099. You've influenced me to make a move on one of those 300's in the first 3 versions group.
Won't be doing the full restoration thing, but thought I'd do a comparison; oldie vs 6th version. Then maybe add something about what little I know on shimming these classics.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!