I'm the new guy, for now

Started by 54bobby, December 27, 2022, 03:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bobby

Let me start with the obligatory (thanks for the ad) My names Bob, 68 years old and I drive a dry bulk cement tanker for the past 8 years.  Before that food and beverage almost my entire life the last 20 years in Atlantic city as a chef. Was raised on Mitchell's, Penns, and Old Pals. Fenwick feralite's were my rods of choice. My 1st wife made sure I had very little of my equipment left upon the breakup. Anyway, I've  been back for a while doin a ton of crabbing in md but my grandson wants to fish so here I am with some knowledge of maintenance needs. See u guys in the other subforums

Keta

Hi Bob, chef to truck driver is quite a change.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gfish

Sssss-up, Bob. Interesting career choices. Looking forward to your contributions. This Forum doesn't have any kid members(though I count myself as being childish about some things), but we love kid and grandkid stuff.

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JasonGotaProblem

I was the new guy once. I still kinda feel like it compared to the knowledge shared here, but that's a wonderful thing. You sound like you'll fit right in around here.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Hardy Boy

Todd

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Welcome, Bob! You're in the right place!  ;)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

thorhammer

Donnyboat

Thanks for being with us Bob & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

handi2

Welcome Bob. Jason was the new guy and I gave him a hard time.

My son is living with me now. He was a over the road driver owning his tractor

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

gstours

Welcome here Bob.   Some of my best memorys are going fishing with my grandad.  Your grandchild is your most valuable asset to keep on living and loving.   Keep on fishing.... :fish

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

JasonGotaProblem

I guess thats one way to say it. If Keith gives you as hard a time as he gave me you're a lucky man.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Brewcrafter

Welcome Bob from the SoCal Inland Empire. - john