Found a Case of Small Penn Spinners

Started by foakes, December 30, 2022, 11:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

While looking for some parts for a member —- Forgot I had put these together in a case —- then just stored them away.  17 reels.  Most are either newish, or close to it.

I generally install any new parts needed on these such as bails, spools, cranks, knobs, etc..

And each will be completely serviced and ready to go.

Each will come with a spare new bail spring and a protective cloth bag.

If anyone wants one or some, just let me know.

722Z High Speed
722 High Speed
722 High Speed
714 Greenie
714Z
712 Greenie
712Z
716 Greenie
716Z
716Z
716Z
420SS
430SS
430SS
4200SS

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Woodpuppy

Oh my goodness! I'd love to stumble across a trove like that!

Is the spool size on a 430ss about the same as a 714z? Depending on cost, I am potentially interested in one of those and a 716z.

handi2

Fred I want a 4300 or 430 please and a 716
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

foakes

Quote from: Woodpuppy on December 30, 2022, 11:15:58 PMOh my goodness! I'd love to stumble across a trove like that!

Is the spool size on a 430ss about the same as a 714z? Depending on cost, I am potentially interested in one of those and a 716z.

Yes, 430SS & 714Z are a similar size spool, capacity-wise.  But not exactly..

Of course the SS is a "Skirted Spool" —- and the 714Z is a traditional non-skirted spool.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Quote from: handi2 on December 30, 2022, 11:49:20 PMFred I want a 4300 or 430 please and a 716

I will get a 430SS ready for you, along with a 716Z.

You gifted me a 714 years ago —- and I will in turn gift you the 430SS.

I will send them out after the First.  About 4 days from now.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

handi2

If you remember I also send you a mint Penn 1/0 to complete your collection
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Woodpuppy

I'm sorry Fred, I guess I muddied the waters by asking about spool capacities. To be clear, I'm interested in a 430ss reel and if my wallet allows, a 716z reel. I definitely need the 716z drag knob!

foakes

Quote from: handi2 on December 31, 2022, 01:22:26 AMIf you remember I also send you a mint Penn 1/0 to complete your collection

Right, Keith —- that went directly to Tony Dubeck, at Penn.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

Unfortunately, all of them have the crank on the wrong side.
Very nice find.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

oldmanjoe

That is a nice pile of reels with low mileage on them !!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

joe k

id be interested in a green 712 if the cost is not too much for me..joe

kjdunne

I'll take a 722 high speed.  PM the details.
Kal

foakes

Quote from: joe k on December 31, 2022, 02:37:05 PMid be interested in a green 712 if the cost is not too much for me..joe

I only have one greenie 712, which I am going to need to keep.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

foakes

Quote from: kjdunne on December 31, 2022, 04:01:35 PMI'll take a 722 high speed.  PM the details.
Kal

PM sent, Kal —-

Thanks!

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.