2023 fishing goals?

Started by pjstevko, January 04, 2023, 06:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

day0ne

Have my 3 upcoming Spring tuna trips not get blown out. All the fall 2022 trips were canceled because of weather.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

theswimmer

Spend as much time fishing with my Grandson as possible.
Spend as much time at The Shack up at Lake Almanor as possible .
Teach as many kids as want to learn how to use a fly rod at The Shack .
Spend  more time with friends and family fishing anywhere .
Fish the upper Feather as possible .
Fish Hamilton Branch from Big Springs north .
Cedar Grove Kings River to headwaters  maybe Vidette meadow .
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

CI_Seawolf

Goals for 2023:

Wahoo
Getting better at fighting BFT
Monster dropper loop Yellowtail
Stay Classy!

JasonGotaProblem

I decided to add a new one. Fish with some forum members.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Gfish

Quote from: CI_Seawolf on February 08, 2023, 04:24:00 AMGoals for 2023:

Wahoo
Getting better at fighting BFT
Monster dropper loop Yellowtail

Go-out with Allan and crew. They'll get ya better at fighting big tuna or drive you nuts tryin!😄.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

mark Hill

@farmer56 It sounds like we would get along very well! I love chasing giant Pike and all the different ways to catch them. My biggest Pike or PB that I've caught was a 42" big shouldered 22 pounder up in Geraldton, Ontario. The sad part of that particular day was that I had 5 giant fish all stacked in one small area, tucked up on the outside edge of a pretty big section of Lilly pads that were right next to deep water. These fish were ALL above 40", and I'm certain one was close to 50". My problem was that at that time (young guy) I didn't own an actual sturdy Pike or Musky set up. I was using my old fiberglass 5'6' Lews Speed Stick with a ABU 5500c and 14lb test!!! If I could go back in time that would have been an epic day on the water...no doubt.   
 Farmer56 you're in a great area to catch a giant Pike and I hope that 2023 is your year! My father was a tremendous fisherman and hunter...a true outdoorsman, who raised 3 boys to really appreciate nature...I believe you're on the right path of doing the same with your kids. I do have that Pike mounted on my wall, but since those days I am a Catch and Release guy. Catch, Photo and Release! Good luck #Farmer56!
"Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, and he will start collecting and refurbishing old reels"

pjstevko

Quote from: pjstevko on January 04, 2023, 06:33:56 AMWhat are your fishing goals for 2023?

Mine......

catch a yellowtail on a surface iron
catch a halibut
catch a bft over 150/200#
help my friend catch his first bft

I'm sure there's more but that's all I got for now.....

I know 2023 isn't over yet but at this point I've only accomplished #4....

Who's hit their 2023 fishing goals?

steelfish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on February 08, 2023, 04:27:49 AMI decided to add a new one. Fish with some forum members.

cool fishing goal.

The Baja Guy

boon

1. A GT
2. A YT over 50lb
3. A Wreckfish over 50lb

Whoops, guess that's for next year :)

Cor

Quote from: Cor on January 05, 2023, 11:23:31 AMI had to think about this one.

Not possible to put numbers on it, fish are just too unpredictable.
    1. Have fun and enjoy the outdoors, observe and learn while fishing.
    2. Relax while doing it.
    3. Increase my Tag and Release numbers.
    4. Have hips and knees fixed to be able to fish for another 10 years..... I hope.
    5. Catch Yellowtail at varied shore places.
    6. Catch more squid.

the year is coming to an end, now for the excuses as I have not achieved much :
    Have been laid up for 4 month after a hip operation
    Only fixed one hip, lots more pain to be repaired
    One of my boat fishing buddies is seriously ill, he won't likely be on a boat again
    Weather has not played ball
    Squid has been poor and also need boat for that
:-[  :-[  :-[
Cornelis

Crow

Sorry to hear about your fishing buddy! And, you are correct...'23 is going to be "history" before we know it, but.......my wife and I got back to the island, yesterday, so I'm *hoping* for a "strong finish" to the year!  I'd like to have a "good" charter experience (my first was a disaster!), and I'd like to catch a shark(doesn't have to be a big one....just a little bonnet head would do!.....and I'd like to "gather up" a few more "fishin' buddies"!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !