Sometimes you get lucky.

Started by gstours, January 06, 2023, 07:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here,s a little clip of some fun we had a little while ago fishing for a halibut.   My good friend here was very careful and we got lucky in getting the hooks back with out injury to us or the fish.
  We had caught a couple of nice small fish to take home and then this big mama halibut ate a bait and made a fun day out of just another day.   Thanks for watching,  happy new year for buying a new fishing liceinse.  :al

El Pescador

GARY!!!

Thank YOU for all the added sound effects!!!  The Grunt'n & Groan'n you did just to sound like me on our Summer 2017 trip!  I REELY Appreciate it much!!!

Thinking back I too was making even MORE noise than you in this vid.  BUT winching up a 325 lbs. Halibut does take some effort!!!

Rememeber this one???

325 lbs. and Caught on the TANK!!!!

Now I am using a Single Speed reel, not the recent high-tech update you have added to the USS Maiko!!!  a 2-Speed reel.   Gary that is REEL fancy!!!!

Gary, this is the hardest I've pulled on any fish I've ever caught... EVER!!!!

Just glad there is NO audio!!!!

Keep fishing.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

MarkT

Good Deal Dude! 'Cuz sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

gstours

Thaks again guys,  again said we were lucky in both persuits, both fish gave us all they had and were released to breed again.  Wayne here is shown using a custom rod of mine teamed with the ''Tank''.  I,m glad Dominick brought Sals custom build reel up to Alaska and we did test it.
  We were lucky then too,  Sal will be remembered by me as a real nice guy,  he was however not so lucky.
    Grunting and sighing in the vidio could be deminished or overdubbed in editing.  Alan mentioned it out recently in a kind manner.   I hope to make better vidio as time and interest allow.
  But what you see is what was actual goings on.  At one point i actually thought about not making my stuff public to the Tani forum,  Butt there,s so many good people here it would be a shame not to share free fishing stuff?  So here,s to the new year for getting lucky again. :fish  :d   

David Hall

keep it up Gary, the grunts just lets us know the fish is serious.  :d

Shellbelly

Some of us make that much noise just getting up from a recliner!
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

xjchad

Gary, you've definitely go the skills and techniques dialed in that "luck" doesn't play as big of a role as you make it out to be.  You are the master!  :al
Husband, Father, Fisherman