Not a reel, but a D.A.M. rod

Started by akroper, February 21, 2023, 04:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akroper

Picked this up at a yard sale for five bucks.  The guides, wraps, and ferrules are very good, and the cork will be after a careful cleaning.  I have never seen a DAM rod before, and I can't find any info on the interwebs.  Anybody know of these?  Perhaps someone has a DAM catalog with information.
P1040459.JPG

It is a Quick Cadet series rod #5055, 5 1/2 feet.  It has no other specs on the rod.  It feels like a medium power rod.

P1040460.JPG
P1040462.JPG
P1040463.JPG

I immediately went on the search for an appropriate reel and lo and behold, two yard sales later I found a DQ 220n for two dollars and fifty cents.  The bail was not operating properly, and the gears felt rough, but I knew with the help of the guys on this site I could make it whole.
Upon disassembly, I found the reel was missing the tiny compression spring in the bail mechanism, part #103-320.  I also found that the worm gear/driveshaft part# 104-686 looked like it had been dropped or hit and there was some damage in multiple spots.
P1040464.JPG
P1040465.JPG

It probably would benefit from a new bail spring, also. I also need a bail spring and bail arm screw for this little 308 I got at the same yard sale ($10.00)

P1040468.JPG
P1040469.JPG

Mr. Oakes, how to I put in an order for parts - a private message on this site, email, text?
I will post photos of the rod/reel combo after I refurbish both rod and reel.

Nine of the eleven voices in my head are telling me to go fishing today.

foakes

Just let me know what you need by a PM —- and we will get it handled.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Circle that sale date on your calendar--it was a lucky one!

Frank

akroper

Mr. Hooker, That wasn't all that day.  I picked up a mint, mid 80's vintage, USA made Sigma Wonderod, a mint USA made Golden Sabre spinning rod, a pristine, NIB Zebco 6000 ultra lite with a very good box, a near mint Fenwick Classic Glass spinning rod (Taiwan made, alas,) and a nice Mitchell 304.  Total cost for the day: $97.  Best yard sale day EVER!
I'll post a photo when I'm done cleaning and polishing all this.

akroper

Mr. Oakes, did you receive the PM I sent on the 21st? I'll re-send it in case there was a glitch.
Thanks,
Ron

foakes

Yes, got it Ron —-

Responded just now.

We have been pretty busy with weather issues.

Best,Free
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.