Daiwa 4000C

Started by 10/80, February 26, 2023, 05:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

10/80

I have a Daiwa 4000C Silver series that's missing its spool washer,so I'll need to make one, can anyone provide the washer dimensions please?

10/80

Hamachi

I think I used penn ht 100 6-60. The inner diameter is too large, but I don't think that matters. Unless you're talking about the under spool washer, just use anything as long as it doesn't interfere with the clicker. Mine is shimmed out with two different washers to get better line lay. Wait, I think the washers are the small 114h for the drag washers. Is that right, or am I trippin'? Maybe 113? Just cut the top out of a water bottle cap or something similar for the under spool washer.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

10/80

Quote from: Hamachi on February 27, 2023, 08:27:31 PMI think I used penn ht 100 6-60. The inner diameter is too large, but I don't think that matters. Unless you're talking about the under spool washer, just use anything as long as it doesn't interfere with the clicker. Mine is shimmed out with two different washers to get better line lay. Wait, I think the washers are the small 114h for the drag washers. Is that right, or am I trippin'? Maybe 113? Just cut the top out of a water bottle cap or something similar for the under spool washer.

Thanks for the reply!.....It is the spool washer that's missing, I bought the reel second hand and then noticed it was loading most of the line to the front of the spool, on closer inspection I found the washer was missing.

Hamachi

Ok, I measured the thickness of the washer/spacer I have and it is around .0825 it appears I used an old leather washer from the drag to shim up the hard plastic original. What is that, like close to 3/32? Maybe a little less.

handi2

Quote from: Hamachi on February 28, 2023, 05:57:46 PMOk, I measured the thickness of the washer/spacer I have and it is around .0825 it appears I used an old leather washer from the drag to shim up the hard plastic original. What is that, like close to 3/32? Maybe a little less.

If you can get me the metric and inch size I can make some for you. I can make them out of Delrin plastic material

The thickness is also very important

Thanks

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

philaroman

IMO, it's better to have a stack of several thin washers w/ spares
may want to intentionally cone up/down just a little, in certain situations

Hamachi

This is what I got.
18.85X5.00X2.06mm
      Or
.7400"x.20x0.0810"
      Or
3/4"X3/16"X 5/64" approx.

10/80

Quote from: handi2 on March 01, 2023, 03:32:11 AM
Quote from: Hamachi on February 28, 2023, 05:57:46 PMOk, I measured the thickness of the washer/spacer I have and it is around .0825 it appears I used an old leather washer from the drag to shim up the hard plastic original. What is that, like close to 3/32? Maybe a little less.

If you can get me the metric and inch size I can make some for you. I can make them out of Delrin plastic material

The thickness is also very important

Thanks

Keith

Thanks for the offer Keith!....But I think the cost of postage would be more expensive than the washer.