Oysters Rockefeller - sort of.

Started by JasonGotaProblem, March 04, 2023, 06:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Some shredded cheese some bread crumbs and some diced up bacon, plus 2 oysters per shell.

This was incredible. I left them in a few min too long but they never even made it to a plate.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Shellbelly

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on March 04, 2023, 06:01:11 AMthey never even made it to a plate.
They're equipped with a plate!  Yummy stuff! 

If you can buy them unopened, try putting them on the grill until they pop open a little.  You'll have to finish the opening process, which isn't hard, but the results are good.  There's probably a video for this somewhere.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

JasonGotaProblem

Thats exactly how I do it. The day I learned what the grill does to these was the day i stopped shucking the old fashioned way.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Shellbelly

Good Man!  Stabbing self by oyster knife isn't fun.  The little bit of grit inside is good for your gizzard too.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

handi2

When i married the first time I lived in Midway, FL.

A coastal hick town between Ft. Walton Beach and Pensacola beach. That one lasted 2 years.

I quit plumbing for a year and leased a service station that had a walk in freezer.

In between rebuilding a car's engine or busting 18 wheeler's flat tires I sold groceries, staples, lots of BEER to go along with sacks of oysters. I believe that they were $35.00 a sack back then.

If they got over one week old I would take them home to put on the grill over a fire pit. Good stuff!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL