accurate's dawg

Started by alantani, March 02, 2012, 10:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

spoke to gary at accurate yesterday and got an e-mail from them today.  looks like accurate is including an anti-reverse back up dog in their extreme reels.  i wonder if it will be available as an upgrade to their older reels. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rare

Bryan Young

If it's a retrofit, would be nice if they would send out the kits to registered owners upon their request at no charger.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

conchydong

Thats great news. Now we don't have to buy Jigging Masters or Ocea Jiggers for a heavy jigging reel. 

alantani

well, yes to all of the above.  if they are using an ambassaduer style dog, we may have the same problems as seen in the trinidads.  if spring loaded, they are going to click!

alantani

Quote from: karlk1125;2608353This is phenomenal news!! This will no doubt put accurate back on top...a big thanks to Okuma for pushing Accurate to the dawg, god bless free market competition!

granted, okuma's turn around has probably been a total shock to many, but i doubt that it was the reason for accurate to make the decisions that they did.  accurate started the small two-speed craze with the original B-series.  it had a skinny drive shaft and two AR bearings.  they improved on the B-series with the BX, using a much larger diameter drive shaft and a much larger single AR bearing. 

now they are going to an anti-reverse system with an AR bearing and an anti-reverse dog.  i do not know if they will be using one AR bearing or two.  i also do not know if they will be using one or two dogs, and the design.  there are several possible designs.......

an ambassaduer style - a double dog system would be most likely, similar to the shimano trinidad 40.  they could lock back either together or in sequence.  these are silent, but they CAN fail. 

spring loaded - like the dogs in the penn senator 113hn baja special or the shimano trinidad DC.  they will click, but never fail.

the last is a dog on a stick - this is a silent system that will never fail.  the best of both worlds.  and yes, this is from a makaira. 

of course, the nilsen boys could have figured out something completely different.  i will see them on wednesday at the fred hall show, camera and number 7 torx bit in hand!

Irish Jigger

Looking forward to your Fred Hall report and pics Alan, enjoy the show.

CandR

any one have any pictures of the double dogs from the jiggymeister reels? just curious how they did the mod.  Easy upgrade? or might wa have to get a whole new sideplate?

Piskada

I've got the BX600 with the triple dogs in my hands, early this month in Singapore. The clicking sound is low, less than the JM PE reels. Drive side side plate is about 4mm thicker, that's where the 3 dogs are. Unfortunately only on special order and only on the 600 series at this moment, this according to the Singapore Accurate dealer.

reelgood

Quote from: Piskada on April 23, 2012, 07:07:43 AM
I've got the BX600 with the triple dogs in my hands, early this month in Singapore. The clicking sound is low, less than the JM PE reels. Drive side side plate is about 4mm thicker, that's where the 3 dogs are. Unfortunately only on special order and only on the 600 series at this moment, this according to the Singapore Accurate dealer.

Is it 3 dogs + the ARB or just 3 dogs on these reels

Piskada

BonitaBch

Alan,

Have you had a chance to get a look at one of these reels, and could we have an update?

Thanks
Bonita Beach, FL

Jim

Factory upgrades of BX2-600's and BX2-30's now being done.
$125 plus $25 for labor (includes reels service)
New sideplate, main gear and dawg parts.
Call them before you send it in, there may be a bit of an initial rush!

day0ne

Talked to Perri yesterday and learned that Accurate has decided to leave the IAR bearing out of the Boss Dawg reels, unless you request it to be put in. New ones will be shipped with no IAR bearing. The speed jiggers won't like that
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

drewsung

I just bought a few of the new dxp2 dawg reels (500, 600, & 30 size) and noticed that the 500 and 600 don't seem to have an ar (there is some minor back play).  I thought the 400,500&600 series reels were supposed to have 3 dogs and an AR and the 30 on up would have no AR bearing.  Will accurate sell an AR for the under 30 size reels?