accurate's dawg

Started by alantani, March 02, 2012, 10:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

no ar bearing was the final decision.   
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

drewsung

So what is your take on the new dpx2 reels? 

day0ne

Quote from: alantani on November 05, 2012, 04:24:44 AM
no ar bearing was the final decision.   

They will put the IAR bearing in if you request it. I just had them upgrade a BX2-600 and asked that they put the bearing in, and they did. Perri said they had been installing them in some new ones also.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

alantani

i am still concerned.  they still install shielded bearings that are oiled.  that leaves them at risk.  changing out the dogs for the AR bearings increases their reliability.  gears will continue to be another concern.  guys tend to push these reels to the max.  that can damage the teeth of the gears.  as long as replacement gears are available, you will be able to keep these reels in service.  when accurate stops supporting these reels and gear run out, you will have some very expensive paper weights. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

FiReWoLf

I was looking at this reel in Singapore.  Want to buy for jigging purpose, as the shop owner told me no AR bearing I pause  :-\

mitchman

Quote from: alantani on November 05, 2012, 06:56:13 AM
i am still concerned.  they still install shielded bearings that are oiled.  that leaves them at risk.  changing out the dogs for the AR bearings increases their reliability.  gears will continue to be another concern.  guys tend to push these reels to the max.  that can damage the teeth of the gears.  as long as replacement gears are available, you will be able to keep these reels in service.  when accurate stops supporting these reels and gear run out, you will have some very expensive paper weights. 

Alan - Don't the BX2 and DPX2 have the same gears?

Yai

Quote from: FiReWoLf on December 19, 2012, 01:20:16 AM
I was looking at this reel in Singapore.  Want to buy for jigging purpose, as the shop owner told me no AR bearing I pause  :-\
A buddy of mine have a dpx2 500n bought from anglers outfitter in SGP
N it does have the ar bearings n blue t-bar