Shimano Baitrunner 3500B

Started by triumphrick, March 08, 2012, 10:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphrick

Help! I have what appears to be a stripped thread in the main gear of this reel....

When the handle is tightened..it snugs up some, then spins over. I tried another handle..does the same thing.

I searched MikesReelParts as well as the Shimano site and could not find a main gear for sale..

It appears to be part number RD7445

Any help in acquiring a repalcement part would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks all....Rick

Bryan Young

I would call shimano at (949) 951-5003 first.  They will direct you to other dealers if they do not have the parts.  In fact, I think one of Shimano's biggest warrentee centers is in Florida, but I cannot recall where or have the phone number.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rare

Could it be Captain Harry's Fishing or Lott Brothers, Bryan?

Bryan Young

It wasn't Capt. Harry's.  I would remember Capt.  I don't recall. Shimano recommended them to me, and sure enough, they had the part.  They kinda know who has what parts.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

triumphrick

Thanks guys..you may have been speaking about these folks...

Daves Parts and Service, Holiday, Fl.

I did get a hold of them yesterday, and they have the part. I also found out they were only a 45 minute drive from me!

After speaking with them, I was able to get on their wholesale acct list...

So close...and yet so far away!!

Bryan Young

Yes, that's them.  Good going.