Older Sustain 6000 FA drag washers??????

Started by Tomfl, March 09, 2012, 02:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomfl

I need help!

I have an older Sustain 6000 FA that's still in great shape but I can't find drag washers for it anywhere. Can anyone tell me if Carbontex makes some washers for it? Possibly retrofit/same size from some of the newer models???

I'd really hate to shelf this old gem because of something as cheap as a set of drag washers

Bryan Young

If you have the measurements, then we could figure out what size you will need.  Note that the drag washers does not need to fit perfectly or if they are loose fitting since they will be compressed between two plates of metal.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tomfl

I really don't have the tools to measure the overall size accurately. I have a micrometer that will measure thickness, but for width and hole size I'd be relying on an accurate metal printer's ruler, marked in 10'ths of cm, would that get me close enough?

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tomfl

Guys I did a little tinkering today and it looks like I've got it solved. The drag washers are an exact match for the ones in a 5000FH spool. I mic'd them and they are exactly the same thickness. Overall size is a match as well.

Problem solved

Hope this helps someone down the road.

-T