What is everybody riding to the fish?

Started by dblply, March 16, 2012, 02:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmstorm64

My ride is a Red 2006 Hobbie Quest, Length 13 feet, primary drive: ME, Down Rigger:  Who has room for a down rigger?  Trolling motor: see primary drive.  Crab Pot Winch: see primary Drive.  Rod and reel combo's: Penn Surfmaster with Shakespere Tiger 7 footer.  Speed: On a good day 5 MPH, fuel usage: 2 cliff bars per hour.  Fish: Trout, Bass, Salmon, Halibutt, Rock Fish, and anything else dumb enough to latch on. Weight : 60 pounds.  With me on it 280 Pounds.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

SoCalAngler

EDIT: Resized Photos, I don't know what happened to make the photos so large but I hope this makes them as small as I posted in the first place.

MFB

18' CSB Huntsman Dorado with 2003 115 Johnson running 17" pitch prop. Hull has a 21.5 degree V so it's good if it cuts up rough. Sixty litre under floor fuel tank & 2 x 22 litre tote tanks. Has a VHF fitted. Also carry PLB with GPS. There are 2 rules on my boat. 1. Everybody wears a lifejacket 2. Nobody takes undersize fish. Need to update the sounder & chart plotter looking at a Raymarine Dragonfly.

Regards

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

locknut

Kiwi made 6.5m Predator a great way to spend money.

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Unutt

I know I am late to this party but i have an interesting pic of mine.  A few years back I decided to do some trailer work.  Since I did not live close to water, I decided to lift it off the trailer sitting in the garage.  Suffice to say it took a little engineering.  I called it Air Javelin.  It is suspended from warehouse racks by two 40,000 and two 10,000 pound straps.  I put the jack and stands under it to reduce the load on the straps, and to keep it from moving.  It wanted to sway without the extra support.  It hung like that for a week.

1997, 20 foot Javelin, 200 horse Johnson.  I run a 13 1/4 by 27 inch pitch Renegade prop.  At 5600 rpm, I am running just over 70, depending on the load.  Some of those bass can really move.
So many reels, so little time.

betterlate

2007 Mako 2201 (made in same factory as Kenners - serial number begins with "KEN"), 200 HP Mercury. These were taken when I first brought it home - a little wear on it now.

headlight

Here are some pics of my boat Elaine, she is an 18ft Raider Wheelhouse with a Honda 115 outboard.
Have had boats for 30 years & had this one for 5 years now

My friends similar boat just to show what they look like on the water

BTW how do we post pictures from Dropbox please ?

headlight

headlight

Here she is in the lock about to set out for a days fishing

Couple of Blond rays & a Conger eel

headlight

FatTuna

Headlight, what type of fish is that in the bottom picture?

bluefish69

The last picture is nothing like our Conga Eel, Congo Bunny or Joey Brown in the Northeast.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

headlight

Quote from: fatstriper on October 13, 2014, 10:34:51 PM
Headlight, what type of fish is that in the bottom picture?

Conger Eel.
Here is another one I had on a friends boat

headlight

FatTuna

I've heard that there are conger eels up in Mass but I've never seen or caught one. Mike have you caught them before?

Headlight, what was the weight on that conger? Do you eat them? I'm assuming this is somewhere in the UK.

headlight

First eel is 25lbs second one is 40lbs & yes caught in the UK in The Bristol Channel.
Yes you can eat them.

headlight

bluefish69

Our Conga Eels don't look anything like the one in the picture. This looks more like our Silver Eel which can be eaten. They make good Tile Fish bait cut in chunks.

Our Conga Eel is the biggest 3' long, Brown to blend with the bottom & can crush Crabs & Shell Fish. It eats anything in it's face.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.