220 Bearing Size?

Started by jgp12000, May 13, 2024, 05:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

220 Bearing Size? It appears this size also fits the 440 according to eBay.I was just curious if it also fits 220N, 285, and 330? I am sure Fred knows the answer or could list all the sizes in his spare time... :cf me so funnie !

quang tran

220 bearing size 8x22x7 also same size for 330 and 285 Finessa

foakes

Quote from: jgp12000 on May 13, 2024, 05:20:28 PM220 Bearing Size? It appears this size also fits the 440 according to eBay.I was just curious if it also fits 220N, 285, and 330? I am sure Fred knows the answer or could list all the sizes in his spare time... :cf me so funnie !

Most top quality reel manufacturers of 40-50 years ago also listed a "Parts Interchangeability" chart, along with part numbers —- either in the back of the Shop Manuals, or as a separate shop booklet.

Here is an example on the 100176 bearing —-

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jgp12000

Thanks guys well,on rainy days I do things like buy Fasteddy ceramic bearings ::).I have only tried his SS BB in the past and have been pleased.I ordered 1ea-6x19x6 & 8x22x7.I been fishing one of my 265s lately and it's one of my favs,I was just curious and also one of my 220s wanted one  :fish

quang tran

Quote from: jgp12000 on May 14, 2024, 02:39:37 PMThanks guys well,on rainy days I do things like buy Fasteddy ceramic bearings ::).I have only tried his SS BB in the past and have been pleased.I ordered 1ea-6x19x6 & 8x22x7.I been fishing one of my 265s lately and it's one of my favs,I was just curious and also one of my 220s wanted one  :fish
There is no need for ceramic bearings for rotor ,If you only use for fresh water the original bearings in DamQuick reel will last all you need is clean and oil .I try ceramic bearings on bait casting reel ,it's good but too much noise ,try the hybrib on bicycle wheel it work reel good

jgp12000

The second Cardinal 4 I acquired will spin forever, I mentioned it to the seller and he told me he had installed a ceramic bearing.My 1st C4 had the original bearing And it worked great ,but I just had to try a regular Fasteddy ss bb,there was a notable difference.As far as baitcasters I recently Got into the BFS arena and installed Roro ceramic bearings in my Blackmax 3,they are unreal & spin for 50 seconds.I can't hear them but the performance has been worth the upgrades. In my experience it just seems smoother.Some of the original bearings are high quality lasting  50+ years.I just like to tweak...