may 14, international Chihuahua Appreciation day

Started by steelfish, May 14, 2024, 11:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

I have my Chihuahua, where is yours?
The Baja Guy

Crab Pot

Not a Chihuahua fan Alejandro....but that one's actually cute.

Think I'll stick with my Sporting Dogs though.  ;)
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

day0ne

Since I'm more a Bassett Hound kind of guy, I celebrate January 14th.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

foakes

Here is Chipper.

She is 4 years old and we adopted her as a rescue last July.

According to DNA & Genetic testing —- she is 13% Chihuahua.

Does that count?

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

steelfish

Quote from: Crab Pot on May 15, 2024, 12:19:01 AMNot a Chihuahua fan Alejandro....but that one's actually cute.

Think I'll stick with my Sporting Dogs though.  ;)

I "wasnt" a chihuahua guy either, but my oldest daughter adopted one 7 years ago when she was on the university but "HAVE" to left it here with us while she was on her last semester (intership) on a city 26hrs drive from us (Guadalajara), the dog loved my youngest daughter (she was 8yo) and it didnt wanted leave home when its former owner returned to pick him up after 8 months, so, the dog stayed at home with us, it now belongs to my youngest daughter, the dog have 4 years with us now.
The Baja Guy

Crab Pot

My Chocolate Lab Scout, admiring my reels.

0% Chihuahua!  8)
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Hardy Boy

I have a Chorkie so I'm in !!!!

Todd
Todd

Cor

@  Crab Pot
Looks more like he is protecting your valuables ::)
Cornelis

alantani

i've always thought of myself as a dog person, but i wound up with two cats.  the upside of owning cats?  it's helped me to understand my wife and daughters. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on May 15, 2024, 03:23:10 PM...  the upside of owning cats?  it's helped me to understand my wife and daughters. 

master !!

I own 4 cats and still havent understood my wife... or my daughters  :P  ::)
The Baja Guy

alantani

i said "helped."   ::)

i walk out to the deck with food, i'm closely followed, i pour the food into a bowl, it's eagerly consumed, i'm allowed to provide a couple of pets and scratches, and the nose and tail are raised, and then there is the exit with absolutely no acknowledgement.

the cats are exactly the same.   :fish  :fish  :fish

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on May 15, 2024, 04:52:19 PMi said "helped."   ::)

i walk out to the deck with food, i'm closely followed, i pour the food into a bowl, it's eagerly consumed, i'm allowed to provide a couple of pets and scratches, and the nose and tail are raised, and then there is the exit with absolutely no acknowledgement.

you Señor, deserve 3 shots of tequila Don Julio reposado!

The Baja Guy

alantani

gotta admit, the chihuahua looks pretty cute!!!!

Midway Tommy

I grew up hating Chihuahuas, mainly because a neighbor had a couple of those little barking SOBs that would come baking & nipping at you everytime you walked down the street!  >:D 

Believe it or not my daughter ended up getting one of the dang things and my wife thought it was cute, especially after our daughter pawned it off on us for awhile. Then my son rescued one that absolutely loved me,  :o  then he got another one latter.

So, my soft hearted wife decided to rescue a neuteted breeder male that had been confiscated from a carbon monoxide euthanasia. That was 12 years ago. The poor guy ended up being quite a challenge, and has such a bad heart the Vet didn't think he would live past 5 or 6. He's 14 now. Then a couple years ago my wife decided to rescue a long haired female puppy, too, that ended up with really long hair!  ::) They're like her little kids, the motherly thing, you know.  :D

The old boy's on the left. The young girl has brought the old guy out of his shell!  8)  ;D

Actually they're pretty cute & fun to have around. ;)

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oldmanjoe

Quote from: alantani on May 15, 2024, 04:52:19 PMi said "helped."   ::)

The prefix FE should be a clue as in female and feline ,that`s all I`ll say about that..
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
" Life " It`s a thinking man`s game
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare