S/S GEAR SLEAVES

Started by capnpiney, May 25, 2009, 07:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnpiney

Hi Alan

Are there ss gear sleeves available for the 3 and 4-0 senators...put some on my squidders and liked the fir ive a few 3-0 that are "loose " and would like to tighten them up
Thanks Nick

alantani

hi, nick!  the 98-60 and 98-505 gear sleeves work on the 500 series reels and all of the senators from the 111 to 113.  note that the 113h uses a 98-349h gear sleeve and there is no stainless steel upgrade for this reel.  at least, not yet.........
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

capnpiney

Hello Back Alan

On the 113 h on line schematic I see a gear sleeve listed as a 98-320 /star 10-349 ??? miss print at scotts ,this # is only for the half frame model correct?Whats your intake on the fine versus coarse sleeve/star combo ,pro's /cons ...Id like to get 3 ss sleeves ,if you need the star numbers i'll have to wait until after this w/e to get that info to you(rods on boat),or if id get any performance advantage with a fine thread ,hope im making scence here .

Thanks again

alantani

oops!  you're right, nick.  the gear sleeve is a 98-320.  i've got my machinist looking at a stainless steel gear sleeve upgrade.  we will probably need a stainless steel star as well.  these are all for the "red side plate" reels.

there is a "black side plate" 113 that takes a jigmaster 98-60 gear sleeve.  different reel.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!