How many reels are too many??

Started by Reels_penn4life, September 27, 2026, 01:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quang tran, bja105, Maxed Out and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

foakes

Good one, Alan!!

Best Regards, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--

You don't work for your tools — your tools have to work for you...
Set up your shop and workspace accordingly and efficiently.

"The Truth is always the Truth, no matter how many do not believe it...And a lie is always a lie no matter how many people believe it."

Decker

Yes, I have too many reels.  Convicted. :al

Surfrat

My 12 step process

step 1 - Search ebay and buy the cheapest reel and admit that you don't have many reels

step 2 - buy more reels and have a Pepsi

step 3 - buy more reels and have a Pepsi

step 4 - look for parts to fix the reels and have a Pepsi

step 5 - fixed the reels and buy more reels

step 6 - go fishing with them

step 7 - buy more reels

step 8 - store these fixed reels in the kitchen

step 9 - store more fixed reels in the living room

step 10 - buy more reels to fix up and have a Ice coffee

step 11 - store more fixed reels in the other rooms in the house

step 12 - if the wife and kids find them, tell them they cannot have one and don't admit that you have too many reels

Okay. I feel better already. Time to buy more reels. :d

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

A small part of my collection is from people think I run a home for unwanted gear.  I try to use parts to get reels working and give them to kids and younger people that I feel will use them. 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Decker

Quote from: Keta on Today at 01:48:05 PMHi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

A small part of my collection is from people think I run a home for unwanted gear.  I try to use parts to get reels working and give them to kids and younger people that I feel will use them. 

Lee, there is no fishing gear problem that can't be solved here. :D  I like your charity instinct and would like to figure out a way to do more of that myself.  Had some ideas about sending gear to Cuba or the Dominican Republic, but no follow through yet. I know Alan is active is charities.

Keta

#35
I have 6 or 7 Daiwa 600H reels I rebuilt for a friend that sold his charter boat due to sudden health issues that  left to me.   have been trying to sell them on fleabay with no luck.  These reels are rough on the outside but smooth running now and bullet proof.  No one has been interested.  I have an hour plus in labor and $20 plus in parts in these reels and no bites at $30.00 "buy now".
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain